Annoying Lags, Freeze during Games. Help please.

mcqc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Hi everybody, I need your help to fix my computer problem please.
first my system:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
I5 750 2.66GHZ 8MB Quad Core
Sapphire HD5750 1GB GDDR5
Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX
Western Digital 500gigs
ULTRA LifeTime Series Pro 650W 135MM FAN

I bought several pieces of hardware a few weeks ago. ^^^^

I have a annoying problem of lag with all the games I tested so far: Far Cry 2, Need for Speed Shift, Crysis. They all run at a decent quality, 45 to 60 FPS recorded with "Fraps" .However I can clearly see the screen froze for a split second every 5-10 second, irregularly depending the games. Fraps does not detect any drop in FPS. Im assuming its trying to load new textures. I try all possible settings: low to high resolutions, Graphics quality from low to very high etc. .. tried different drivers. I even reinstalled Windows 7, but nothing solved my problem.

All my drivers are up to date ... Is this a problem with a faulty graphics card? The ram? The motherboard? Hard disk? The drivers? or else ..

Maybe the "graphic score of "3Dmark06 Advanced edition 1.2.0" can show you something to compare, I dont know.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/456/scores3dmark06.png
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7361/scores3dmark06resultdta.png

Thank you for the help

mephiston1

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
It sounds more of stuttering rather than lag. If Fraps is displaying good numbers constantly then there is nothing wrong. The split second freezes could be something "choking". Perhaps you could defrag your hard drive, or close background processes that could be eating up hard disk bandwidth?

I doubt it has anything to do with the drivers as those games have been around for a while to have mature drivers. I seriously thing that it has something to do with your hard disk. Perhaps you could list out the exact make and model? If it's a Western Digital "Green" then you're in trouble. Those are low performance eco-friendly drives.

mcqc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

Thanks for the advices mephiston1,
My hard drive is this one : Western Digital 500gigs BLACK 32mo WD5001AALS
Do you think its good enough ?

I forgot to add something in my first post... I dont played the games with the CD's, I Put all my money on my system so I downloaded those games on the internet to benchmark my computer until I have some money to buy games. Do you know if playing without the CD cause my sluttering graphic?

thanks again

TRENDING THREADS