Sign in with
Your question

Annoying Lags, Freeze during Games. Help please.

Last response: in Systems
March 9, 2010 4:33:53 AM

Hi everybody, I need your help to fix my computer problem please.
first my system:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
I5 750 2.66GHZ 8MB Quad Core
Sapphire HD5750 1GB GDDR5
Kingston Hyper-X KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX
Western Digital 500gigs
ULTRA LifeTime Series Pro 650W 135MM FAN

I bought several pieces of hardware a few weeks ago. ^^^^

I have a annoying problem of lag with all the games I tested so far: Far Cry 2, Need for Speed Shift, Crysis. They all run at a decent quality, 45 to 60 FPS recorded with "Fraps" .However I can clearly see the screen froze for a split second every 5-10 second, irregularly depending the games. Fraps does not detect any drop in FPS. Im assuming its trying to load new textures. I try all possible settings: low to high resolutions, Graphics quality from low to very high etc. .. tried different drivers. I even reinstalled Windows 7, but nothing solved my problem.

All my drivers are up to date ... Is this a problem with a faulty graphics card? The ram? The motherboard? Hard disk? The drivers? or else ..

Maybe the "graphic score of "3Dmark06 Advanced edition 1.2.0" can show you something to compare, I dont know.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/456/scores3dmark06.p...
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7361/scores3dmark06r...

Thank you for the help

Update:
Best answer from SAAIELLO
It could be due to you are running a 32bit operateing system that only allows 4 GB of memory now that 4gb is the total with your video card so even if you have 4 GB of ram it will only use 3 because it has to handle the 1 GB of video memory too. I dont know if this is the problem but IMO it prob is. If you went to a 64bit OS it would be able to handle all your memory instead of just 75% of it. Beyond that i dont know why your system would have any problem what so ever considering i run all them games on a E8200 2.66ghz OCd to 3.8GHZ dual core and a 9800GT and i am able to max all the settings out on 1680 x 1050.
March 9, 2010 2:05:13 PM

Well, you have a really crappy PSU, but I don't think that's the problem.

Have you set the voltages, timings, and speed of the RAM manually in BIOS to the manufacturer's specs (from their website)? If not, do that. Then see if you still have problems.

If that doesn't fix it, download MemTest86+ from memtest.org. Burn the ISO file to a CD. Restart the computer and set BIOS to boot from the disk. Restart and let it run overnight.
March 10, 2010 2:34:24 AM

MadAdmiral said:
Well, you have a really crappy PSU, but I don't think that's the problem.

Have you set the voltages, timings, and speed of the RAM manually in BIOS to the manufacturer's specs (from their website)? If not, do that. Then see if you still have problems.

If that doesn't fix it, download MemTest86+ from memtest.org. Burn the ISO file to a CD. Restart the computer and set BIOS to boot from the disk. Restart and let it run overnight.

Thanks for the advices mephiston1,

I checked in the bios and all the setting seem fine, I will run memtest tommorow to see if mY RAM is bad.

I forgot to add something in my first post... I dont played the games with the CD's, I Put all my money on my system so I downloaded those games on the internet to benchmark my computer until I have some money to buy games. Do you know if playing without the CD cause my sluttering graphic?

thanks again
Related resources
March 10, 2010 11:21:47 AM

You mean pirated games? As in illegal?

It's possible, but more likely because they're pirated games than because you don't have a CD. I also think it's highly probably that you picked up a virus...
March 13, 2010 3:53:03 AM

MadAdmiral said:
You mean pirated games? As in illegal?

It's possible, but more likely because they're pirated games than because you don't have a CD. I also think it's highly probably that you picked up a virus...

My os was the problem. I upgraded to windows 7 64 bit and The games are running perfectly without lags now.
Thanks for the help
!