My case fan running slow - help please :D

Hello guys.

My case fan is running extremely slow, over the past few days it has slowed down and now it is barely moving.. lol

I have 4 out of 5 case fans, I am talking about the top one. The others are still spinning and what appears to be full speed.

Can anyone tell me the justification for the slow spinning case fan at the top, and how I might go about resolving this issue?

It would be appreciated, as it's a reassuring feeling knowing your system is cool!

My case: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/lexa_s

System specs:
Intel i7 3700k
Gigabyte GTX 670
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Motherboard
Corsair TX 600W PSU
Noctua NH-D14 Cooling Fan
Lexa S Case (comes with 4 out of 5 case fans)
4 answers Last reply
More about case running slow
  1. Check the connection. Sounds like the fan may be dying. One of my case fans was doing that. It would spin then slow down and spin and slow down. It made a horrible clicking noise too. I took it out.
  2. dragonsamus said:
    Check the connection. Sounds like the fan may be dying. One of my case fans was doing that. It would spin then slow down and spin and slow down. It made a horrible clicking noise too. I took it out.


    Thanks, I will be doing that :)

    Right now for some reason it's running at full speed, so sounds like we have a similar problem!
  3. jediarron said:
    Thanks, I will be doing that :)

    Right now for some reason it's running at full speed, so sounds like we have a similar problem!



    Did replacing the fan work? I'm having the same problem and hoping it's not the mother board..

    thanks
  4. wolfe3839 said:
    Did replacing the fan work? I'm having the same problem and hoping it's not the mother board..

    thanks


    Well, for the moment I'm too lazy to do something.

    But it fluctuates between REALLY SLOW and FULL SPEED and medium speed etc :D

    I will change it w hen I am motivated to ^-^
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Fan Overclocking