Solved

LGA 775 processor with LGA1156

Hi guys, I am looking to upgrade my computer from p4 (478mPGA). As currently core i series (INTEL) processors are costilier, I was thinking of using a quad core processor with a H55 (LGA 1156) chipset. Is it possible. I think this should work as core 2 series have 775 pins while LGA 1156 has places for 1156 pins, so it should fit comfortably. What do you say?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about processor lga1156
  1. Best answer
    It will not work. CPUs have to be matched with motherboards with the same pin count not to mention a motherboard with a supported chipset. Socket 478 has been obsolete for years and even socket 775 is dead now.
    LGA 1156 is i5/i3 only.
  2. thnx
  3. shishir take my advise: from now on, don't ever trust yourself, EVER!

don't take this the wrong way tho, i'm just a little worried for your safety thats all, who knows what you'll be trying to stick things into other things and thinking it would fit "comfortably". =/
  4. anort3 said:
    It will not work. CPUs have to be matched with motherboards with the same pin count not to mention a motherboard with a supported chipset. Socket 478 has been obsolete for years and even socket 775 is dead now.
    LGA 1156 is i5/i3 only.

hey thnxxxxx

I was asking this since I read AMD phemom II (AM3) worked with AM2 socket by just removing two pins from the processor (source: wikipedia - states tomshardware did this).
    thanxxxx very much :) :) :)
  5. Best answer selected by shishir.
  6. arterius2 said:
    shishir take my advise: from now on, don't ever trust yourself, EVER!

don't take this the wrong way tho, i'm just a little worried for your safety thats all, who knows what you'll be trying to stick things into other things and thinking it would fit "comfortably". =/

Dude I had little knowledge at that time....but did u notice that although AM3 processor don't sit 'comfortably' in AM2...but by chopping off two pins...they work :non: :bounce: :pt1cable: :kaola:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Computers Processors