9800gt sli problem

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2010 12:24:38 AM

Bought 2 graphics cards to and they dont look the same? i bought these to sli i bought one in january and another a month later and they dont look the same WTF??? whyy! and will this effect the performance in sli mode? their both pny 9800gts 1gb but they look diffrent only my first card looks like the one in the picture in newegg.. do i need the two to look the same? i heard they have to be the same card if not sli is not fully utilized and you wont get as much gains in power

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : 9800gt sli problem

a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 1:05:12 AM

What do you mean exactly by "look the same"?
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:15:03 AM

they both say pny 9800gt ee version but the heatsink looks diffrent like its a diffrent shape ones a little biggerand longer than the ohter and the actual fan fins are diffrent shaped
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2010 1:19:01 AM

aldo the actual fan is in the opposote side of the card..
m
l
February 25, 2010 1:25:37 AM

also* please help!
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 2:42:23 AM

Sli will work just fine hey look at my box one is the newer 55nm while the bottom card is older by a year or so. Sli will work fine unless one card isn't working properly. Just pop it into the second slot and hock up the sli connector then boot up. A pop up will ask if you want to enable sli then select yes but if it does not show up get ntune then enable sli. Feel free to do the same about physx.
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:50:33 AM

but mine are both 1gb, i heard if one is 1gb and another is 512mb for example that they will run as fast as the slowest one. which is bad. i wanna know if mine will work EXACLY the same as if i had another one that was identical, also its jsut frustrating i was expecting to see another graphics card that was the exact same. not this. i have the worse luck... and my cpu is overheating now ive had it turned off for 2 days now. (the rig i bought each part myself and had someone build, and the one that these 9800gts are suppose to go into, well the second one at least) i ordered the second one and the next day BOOM! heating issue when the night b4 the computer was running fine..
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:55:20 AM

also what do u mean by on is 55nm do u mean to say that the other is not? what is the other one then 65nm? dosent that make it a 8800 not a 9800
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 12:15:47 PM

Deciple4591 said:
but mine are both 1gb, i heard if one is 1gb and another is 512mb for example that they will run as fast as the slowest one. which is bad. i wanna know if mine will work EXACLY the same as if i had another one that was identical, also its jsut frustrating i was expecting to see another graphics card that was the exact same. not this. i have the worse luck... and my cpu is overheating now ive had it turned off for 2 days now. (the rig i bought each part myself and had someone build, and the one that these 9800gts are suppose to go into, well the second one at least) i ordered the second one and the next day BOOM! heating issue when the night b4 the computer was running fine..

Both mine are 1GB as well and they work with out issue. One is a 65nm while the other is a 55nm. One PNY and one BFG they even have different clocks and no issue. Just plug in the cards and stick on the sli bridge then enable sli.
m
l
!