Questions (upgrading grahpics)

xon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
So I'm thinking about buying this card but I have a few questions first...

First things first I know basically nothing about computers/grahpic cards so go elementary for me thanks.

Right now I have nvidia geforce 6150 SE integrated :heink: ....will I see a big difference upgrading to the 8400 GS? basically just want for WoW (which right now I have to run on lowest settings and low res and still get weird jerky frame rates sometimes) dont play any games like mw2 or crysis on pc or watch movies so I'm not looking for a top of the line card really...

I have 32 bit...will this card still be ok? does having a 32 or 64 bit even make a difference?

Says on nvidia site the card has a maximum power draw of 71 watts? Im not sure how many wats my power supply but im guessing its 250 or 500. Comp is a few years old. heres some specs (leme know if you need more)

amd athlon x2 4450e dual core 2.3ghz (vista)
3gb memory
250gb hard drive

And is there anything else I need to know to make sure it will fit and work for my comp?

Thanks for any answers/tips!

xon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Its a compaq presario SR5710Y

Monitor is an old 17inch acer that ive had forever.

looking to spend under 80 or so becasue like I said im not really looking for a top of the line card.

xon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
ah ok...

yea i think I would rather get the 4650 becasue of the fan although my frame has alot of vents on it still wouldnt want to risk frying stuff. seems from the reviews that card gets really hot and its not so great for gaming although will still do...found a 4550 with a fan but it doesnt seem as good as the others with no fan so ill probably go with 4650...might get a new power supply but ill see how it goes first.

thanks alot.