Sign in with
Your question

Cinebench scores for X6 1090T OC'd

Last response: in CPUs
May 17, 2010 7:46:57 AM

wow, I'd say i'm mighty impressed with the X6 Thuban! thats just a massive score for air-cooled. done some tweaking with the helps of people on the forum and holy crap the scores just went up a notch. now running 4.27ghz stable @ 2.75ghz NB and HT. temps idle @ 22 degreeC and load @ 52 degreeC
looking at the scores, i'd say this is pretty darn close to a 12-core "magny-cours" in terms of CPU power (considering its a server chip and its unlikely to be overclocked by enterprise).

the over-priced intel i7's are nowhere in sight, would be interesting if people with OC'd i7 machines can post their scores so I can get an idea for the performance of this puppy. overall, great performance from the AMD hexcore.

Settings for reproduction:
250Mhz Bus x 17 multiplier, Vcore @ offset +0.20V, NB-CPU Voltage @ offset +0.125V, NB and HT Voltage @ 1.35V, CPU VDDA @ 2.8V, DRAM @ 2000mhz 1.6V (9-9-9-27-2T), NB and HT @ 2750Mhz
CnQ, C1E State Enabled, Turbo Core Disabled

More about : cinebench scores 1090t

a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 9:40:48 AM

AMD all the way! i7 might have a lot going for it, but this makes it look like a failchip. Awesome score and congrats on the 4.2GHz+
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 11:12:42 AM

Pretty surprised that a 12 core Opteron doesnt perform much better than a 6-core Phenom. Nice OC.
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2010 2:32:51 PM

thanks! whats more surprising that I don't see a single Intel fan-boy here spreading their trash. going to try to push this to 4.375Ghz tomorrow and run more benchmarks, right now at 4.27Ghz it idles at 22degrees and 52 under load, think there's still more room for improvements. ;-)

Chad Boga said:
The i7-860 is easily Thuban's match.

easily. ORLY?

andy5174 said:
i7-930 is cheaper performs better than 1090T when OCed.
Learn how to OC, noobish AMD fanboy.

Right... because an x58 platform cost almost twice that of an 890FX
ensabrenoir said:
Hyundai can make a car that looks like a Mercedes, has all the features Of a Mercedes, and cost 1/8 of the price of a Mercedes but its still a Hyundai. Having a six core that can barely handle an intel quad is like having a Ferrari with the performance of a mini van... a Hyundai mini van.

Confused... only thing that I can salvage from this sorry mess is that... Hyundai must make great mini vans? o.O
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 3:07:36 PM

Nice overclock and good scores. What motherboard and heat sink are you using?
m
l
May 17, 2010 3:34:29 PM

Pro Llama said:
Nice overclock and good scores. What motherboard and heat sink are you using?

i'm using Asus Crosshair IV Formula and Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. /w 2x Yate Loon fans at 88CFM each
as for the HSF, I strongly suggest people use the Megahalems for massive air OCs, as I've spent days trying to find the "best performing" heat sink and finally settled on this for my rig.

also aiding the cool temps is the Silverstone Raven 2 case with 90 degree rotated motherboard design. all the hot air exhaust through the top of the case by forces of convection and positive pressure built up by 3x 180mm intake fans on the bottom. keeps the case nice and chilly.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 3:40:06 PM

wow, nice, making me jealous and wanting to upgrade my AMD system to this right now. Can't wait to get the money to see the effect on some of the apps i write
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2010 6:02:11 PM

Wow that case cost a lot of money; I normally spend about 1/2 that. It is a great design though. What kind of applications do you normally run?
m
l
May 17, 2010 6:06:34 PM

Pro Llama said:
Wow that case cost a lot of money; I normally spend about 1/2 that. It is a great design though. What kind of applications do you normally run?

I run primarily Cinema 4D R11.5 (hence the Cinebench for my benchmarking) for 3D Modelling and Rendering, switch to Adobe After Effects and Premiere for post production and video editing. thoughout my daily work, I use a combination of Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Flash, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Sketchup etc.
m
l
!