• Drivers
  • Computers
  • Graphics Cards
  • Catalyst
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
November 13, 2012 1:41:39 AM

Hello,
I run an AMD computer with a gigabyte hd 7850 2gb OC graphics card. Everytime i try and install catalyst control center for the video drivers my computer plays up big time and the screen goes black when i try to boot up windows xp. Is there any other drivers i could use that would be compatible with my graphics card and windows xp 32bit?

More about : graphics card drivers catalyst control centre

a b \ Driver
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2012 5:00:21 PM

For Windows, no, I'm unaware of any. It's AMD or the rather generic drivers that come with Windows.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 188 U Graphics card
November 14, 2012 2:04:15 PM

Try doing a custom setup. Although you may have an issue with your video card. Many cards that are bad run fine on base VGA drivers, but crash when they start to use more of the hardware when running on their regular drivers.
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2012 9:39:15 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Try doing a custom setup. Although you may have an issue with your video card. Many cards that are bad run fine on base VGA drivers, but crash when they start to use more of the hardware when running on their regular drivers.

That would suck as it's been doing this since I bought it... I just installed Windows 7 to see if it was the compatibility of the drivers and it ran fine for about two days and then the same problem. Also when i turn my computer on and it has the screen with the motherboard on it and all the different options at the bottom (bios, boot menu, etc) there's lots of black pixels scattered throughout the screen. It's not the monitor as those black dots arent there when I uninstall the drivers. Would you still say its a bad card? if so what should I do?

Thanks a lot for replying btw
m
l
November 14, 2012 9:40:32 PM

cl-scott said:
For Windows, no, I'm unaware of any. It's AMD or the rather generic drivers that come with Windows.

Damn, ok. Thanks anyway :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a c 188 U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 12:58:02 PM

darkbelial said:
That would suck as it's been doing this since I bought it... I just installed Windows 7 to see if it was the compatibility of the drivers and it ran fine for about two days and then the same problem. Also when i turn my computer on and it has the screen with the motherboard on it and all the different options at the bottom (bios, boot menu, etc) there's lots of black pixels scattered throughout the screen. It's not the monitor as those black dots arent there when I uninstall the drivers. Would you still say its a bad card? if so what should I do?

Thanks a lot for replying btw

Those pixels are signs of a bad card, especially with the original issue you brought up.

You can try to underclock the card a bit, lower the core and memory speed by 5%, then 10%, and check in between how it works.
November 16, 2012 2:05:14 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Those pixels are signs of a bad card, especially with the original issue you brought up.

You can try to underclock the card a bit, lower the core and memory speed by 5%, then 10%, and check in between how it works.

Ok. I'll call up the place i bought it from and see if i can get a new one. Thanks for the help man :) 
m
l
November 16, 2012 2:05:29 AM

Best answer selected by darkbelial.
m
l
November 23, 2012 12:34:38 PM

darkbelial said:
Hello,
I run an AMD computer with a gigabyte hd 7850 2gb OC graphics card. Everytime i try and install catalyst control center for the video drivers my computer plays up big time and the screen goes black when i try to boot up windows xp. Is there any other drivers i could use that would be compatible with my graphics card and windows xp 32bit?

the drivers r in sysem32/drivers all r
m
l
!