What card for StarCraft 2?

I recently built a computer and I plan on buying Starcraft 2. I want to be able to play the game well at max graphics + AA @ 1920 x 1200 with a decent framerate. I am looking to spend < 200$ and have been looking at the 4870 and the 260. Would these cards be able to do what I need? Should I wait and get a DX 11 card? (I don't think starcraft 2 uses DX11) I only really plan on playing Starcraft 2. Any help is appreciated!
7 answers Last reply
More about what card starcraft
  1. Yep, SC2 will be very CPU dependant, gotta make sure that is good before anything else. Also i dont believe SC even has AA unless you hack it, iirc.
  2. If you want recommended specs from the actual people with the beta, check out this site: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=113094

It has information from reliable sources, including Blizzard.
  3. Don't know yet.

Blizzard is fxxxing liar! They never release their games by the promised time.
  4. Sc2 is still only single threaded i suppose they could make the game ai and other function mutli threaded later but so far the game is only single threaded but a powerful cpu is always good
  5. RTS games have always been more processor intensive. The final game might have better processor scaling/graphics than the beta.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Computer Starcraft 2 Graphics