Possible DOA RAM

li0nhart79

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
I think I may have gotten some DOA RAM but wanted to ask before I try to RMA them back. I have 2x2GB of G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 and I bought a second set of identical RAM a couple weeks after the original sticks. I popped them in and my mobo detects them but windows would not boot. It asks if I want to run repair then BSOD's on me. Is there something special I am forgetting to do here? It has been a while since I have just dropped additional RAM in a PC.

li0nhart79

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
The BSOD flashes too quick to see the codes and just reboots. The first boot my BIOS let me know the memory changed and to go into setup which I did. That is how I know the mobo recognized the RAM being there. The POST does the usual one short beep. The boot makes it to the screen that says Windows and has their icon doing the little swirly thing then crashes.

li0nhart79

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
Ok this is probably a really dumb question but how do you rum memtest86+. I have gone to the site and I am not sure which link to download and how to run it and I cannot find instruction on their site either.