Using SATA/IDE adapter to try and get info off hard drive

Hello,
I am running windows xp sp3. I am trying to get much needed data off of a external fujitsu mht2060ah hard drive. I purchased a sata/ide to usb 2.0 adapter. I have it hooked up and windows chimes that is sees it but it is not showing up on my computer.
It is showing in disk management ...It says Disk 3 basic online with 55.88Gb (60gdrive) on the left side and on the right is says 55.88gb unallocated There is no option to change the drive path.
I right click the left side (in bottom right side window) and only get three options
1) (greyed out) create dynamic disk
2) properties
3)help
I click on properties for drive and it says it is working properly.
I right click on the right side with the options
1) new partition
2) properties
3) help
I have read through many forums without success.
I have tried using USB on back of computer. I have 4 jumper blocks and have tried it in cs and device1 and device 0
I am thinking the hard drive is fried...if you think no and can help I would appreciate it.
funmom
2 answers Last reply
More about using sata adapter info hard drive
  1. If windows disk management shows that the disk is 'unallocated', then it is most likely that the partition has been deleted and that the disk is blank.
  2. funmom said:
    Hello,
    I am running windows xp sp3. I am trying to get much needed data off of a external fujitsu mht2060ah hard drive. I purchased a sata/ide to usb 2.0 adapter. I have it hooked up and windows chimes that is sees it but it is not showing up on my computer.
    It is showing in disk management ...It says Disk 3 basic online with 55.88Gb (60gdrive) on the left side and on the right is says 55.88gb unallocated There is no option to change the drive path.
    I right click the left side (in bottom right side window) and only get three options
    1) (greyed out) create dynamic disk
    2) properties
    3)help
    I click on properties for drive and it says it is working properly.
    I right click on the right side with the options
    1) new partition
    2) properties
    3) help
    I have read through many forums without success.
    I have tried using USB on back of computer. I have 4 jumper blocks and have tried it in cs and device1 and device 0
    I am thinking the hard drive is fried...if you think no and can help I would appreciate it.
    funmom

I agree with _ZX....looks like that HDD is blank.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SATA Storage