Best QUIET Fan(s) for 212+

eric4277

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
I am sick an tired of hearing my fans in push/pull on my 212+ whirr and whine. I have decided to replace both fans on the 212+ with a single or dual quiet but efficient fans. I have also decided to change out the stock exhaust fan in my CM Storm Sniper. I am thinking to go with either the Noctua NF-F12s or the NF-P12s. The Corsair SP Quiets(for Heatsink) and AF Quiet(for exhaust) are also under consideration for me.

I know I can get 2 SP quiets for the price of a single Noctua fan.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have thought of changing coolers to the NH-D14 and still replacing the exhaust fan. It is an option, but I really don't feel like removing my motherboard to change cpu coolers.

Edit: I also have the cpu fans running at about 40% because any high will cause vibrations. Very annoying.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

The OP asked about a couple of things. These 2 are very similar, but the second one (Noctua NF-F12 PWM) is a PWM fan. It uses a 4-pin connector to connect to a 4-pin fan header on the motherboard. This allows the motherboard to manage how fast the fan needs to spin to keep optimal temps.

The first fan (Noctua NF-P12-1300) uses a standard 3-pin connector and can't take advantage of the PWM capabilities.