Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EK 2.2 Pump / Res Combo Leaking Problems!

Last response: in Overclocking
January 8, 2013 4:22:52 AM

Hi All,

I am installing my water-cooling loop and been having problems with my EK pump / res leaking. I have installed the O ring properly, used the damn 2MM alan wrench and got the pump and res fitting pretty snug. I am getting leaks in-between the res and the pump as soon as I put water in and I just can't figure out why.

Is it me? The O ring? Defective product? Please help!
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 4:26:42 AM

Can you explain what kind of "O Ring" your talking about? In between your fittings and your res/pump?
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 4:35:10 AM

So is that like a bridge thing or something between the res and pump?
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:37:56 AM

Aye, the o ring is supposed to seal the connection between the res and pump so it doesn't leak.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 4:40:21 AM

And you have a compatible res and pump?
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:48:25 AM

Yeah, I bought both the pump and res from EK as a combo.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 3:48:33 PM

watdadileeo said:
Yeah, I bought both the pump and res from EK as a combo.

Is the O ring 1 way like is one side bigger or something? Try flipping the O ring.
m
l

Best solution

a c 78 K Overclocking
January 8, 2013 10:36:04 PM

O-rings don't come in varying dimensions on their hemispheres. Here's what you can do OP, place res flat on a side and have the pump come from above. The O-ring should be within the notched ring on the res.

I think when you're trying to connect the pump in the aforementioned manual/instructions, the O-ring is slipping down and thus not forming a perfect seal.

On a side note, might want to inspect the O-ring and see if it has any form of damage or scuff - if so then you may want to RMA the entire unit as faulty :)  but before that takes place we've tried our best to solve this issue.
January 9, 2013 12:30:40 PM

I actually just went to the hardware store and replaced it. I inspected the O ring and it looked like there were very minor cracks along it. Either way I replaced it and it works just fine! Thanks for all your responses.
m
l
January 9, 2013 12:30:48 PM

Best answer selected by watdadileeo.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 12:52:46 PM

TY for the BA vote! Glad to see you've ironed out the kinks :)  happy watercooling!
m
l
!