5770 POST issue

spur123

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
i have a 5770 and installed it in my pc 6 wks ago i have been happy with it and bought an additional one even though my old mobo doesnt support. am going to upgrade to x58 platform in july. I pulled my card out to try it in crossfire in my dads pc and it looked good playing crysis very similar to his 4890 crossfire but not his 5870. I put my card back in my pc and cant get it to post have tried four time no beeps but fans and hdd/dvdrom light flashing as normal what is the issue?

jimmyz41

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Have you checked to be sure the card is properly inserted into the pci-e slot and the pci-e auxilliary power cable from your power supply is properly connected. Those two areas are the most common areas of failure for known good cards. If after checking those points it still does not work try reinstalling it in your father's computer to be sure it still works as it could have sustained static discharge damage if not properly handled during assembly and disassembly. One other thing to try also is be sure the video cable you use to hook up the monitor is connected and secured properly. Try moving it to the other dvi port if that is how you connect your monitor. Most 5770 cards have 2 dvi ports 1 hdmi and 1 display port so you could need to move the video cable to get a signal. Good luck