Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I have an emachine with windows 7 premium 64-bit i want to reformat and install

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
November 13, 2012 2:38:28 PM

Can I format windows premium 64-bit on e-machine and install windows xp?
Do I need software disc for the motherboard?
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2012 9:00:58 PM

You can, but why would you want to do that?

Also, if you have more than 3GB of RAM XP will not use all your memory. And do NOT think about trying to install XP 64-bit because you will not find all the drivers you need.
m
0
l
November 17, 2012 1:43:38 AM

pitter said:
Can I format windows premium 64-bit on e-machine and install windows xp?
Do I need software disc for the motherboard?
:hello:  harry here that easy just drop in the new OS disc then shut down the restart & format when asked :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 9:05:13 PM

pitter said:
Can I format windows premium 64-bit on e-machine and install windows xp?
Do I need software disc for the motherboard?

install xp right on top of 7 ur have a duel boot system
m
0
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
November 21, 2012 11:18:43 AM

johnmacrye said:
install xp right on top of 7 ur have a duel boot system


No you won't. XP's boot loader will overwrite 7's boot loader. XP's boot loader doesn't know anything about windows 7, so you won't be able to access win 7 anymore. You will end up with wasted disk space. To properly dual/mutli boot windows OS's, you always install the OS's in order from oldest to newest.
m
0
l
November 21, 2012 1:57:07 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
No you won't. XP's boot loader will overwrite 7's boot loader. XP's boot loader doesn't know anything about windows 7, so you won't be able to access win 7 anymore. You will end up with wasted disk space. To properly dual/mutli boot windows OS's, you always install the OS's in order from oldest to newest.

my bad
m
0
l
!