About asus p7p55d-e ....

h3fty

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Im pretty sure that i want to buy one of asus p7p55d-e boards but cant decide which one. From what ive found out the main differences are in supporting SLI/CF.

I doubt that im gonna use more than one GPU at a time so im really interested in SLI/CF, what is important for me is overclocking and maybe some other features which the cheaper models lack and i dont know about?

So basically i would like to ask which board will be the best for me?

p7p55d-e lx
p7p55d-e
p7p55d-e pro

Im gonna be running it with i5 760 and g.skill 1600 eco

h3fty

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
I dont want/need SLI/CF support. Im interested in overclocking, stability, etc...
I wanted to know if the cheaper p7p55d-e boards are as good as the pro one when it comes to other things than SLI/CF.

Well in your first post,you said you don't want more than one GPU but you are interested in SLI/CF.
"I doubt that im gonna use more than one GPU at a time so im really interested in SLI/CF"
Anyway,in terms of OC'ng,all of them have pretty much the same heat sink design with the same BIOS settings so I think you are going to achieve same results from all of them.so if you don't need SLI/CF support,go with the cheapest one(p7p55d-e lx )