XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 driver and Windows 7 64-bit

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Windows 7
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 25, 2010 11:51:49 AM

I have been trying to install the drivers for my HD 5670 and no matter what I do, it always ends up messing with Windows 7. I tried installing the ones available for Windows 7, I tried installing the ones on the disc it came with. Nothing works.

Here's the issue. When I go to reboot, everything POSTs fine, get past the Starting Windows screen.. But then it just goes black, and eventually my background image shows up. However, it's just the image, no icons, no start bar. I left it like this for an hour to see if it was just loading up something or other... Nope, still just the background image. I end up having to reboot it in safe mode and do a system restore to get it to load up normally.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

My specs are -
ASUS P7P55-M motherboard
Intel Core i5 650 processor
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670.

More about : xfx ati radeon 5670 driver windows bit

a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2010 1:54:33 PM

Install Windows XP.

:) 

Have you tried downloading the drivers from AMD's site?

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/...

I would simply install the drivers for the card not the Catalyst Control Center to see if it works. If it does then download and install CCC.
Score
February 25, 2010 2:46:51 PM

While I prefer XP since I've been using it since 2002, I'm enjoying Windows 7 despite the driver issue.

I believe I've tried the driver on its own and it still caused the same issue. But I'll give it a go again just in case I'm wrong.

I managed to fix it. My mouse showed up and I got into the control panel from there. I adjusted the resolution to something smaller and switched the primary monitor as it was registering two monitors instead of the single I have. All is fixed.
Score
Related resources
April 28, 2010 6:07:50 PM

Wait.. I have the exact same problem.

I have the HIS 5670 on a Gigabyte 970 motherboard. I'm running to an LCD monitor via the DVI port on both ends. I'm fine on win7 64bit stock VGA driver but I get the same problem, black screen after the windows logo splash. I can't see anything. How did you get past this? Should I try connecting the HDMI to something? Maybe running a VGA cable off the DVI to VGA adapter?

Bobby
Score
September 18, 2010 6:57:08 PM

Download the drivers from the ATI website for the HD5670, I have had the same problem, it has been driving me nuts!
Score
a b $ Windows 7
September 18, 2010 7:34:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score