Sign in with
Your question

Monitor not being recognized as connected

Last response: in Systems
March 9, 2010 10:42:44 PM

Hello,

Just installed a new cpu fan and have put the system back together but now the monitor is acting like it is not connected. Graphics card is powered with the fan spinning so it is getting power but it somehow is not picking it up.

Also tried an hdmi cable to connect to a television and did not pick it up the signal so I believe the cord is working.

Any suggestions?
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2010 3:11:20 PM

We need your full specs to be of any use besides just guessing at the problem. And that means all of the specs, including the model numbers.

Have you tried connecting it to another monitor (or the TV)? Have you tried the GPU in another build? Do you have onboard graphics that you could try?

It sounds to me like either the PSU doesn't give the card enough power to actually have any output or the GPU is DOA.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
March 10, 2010 3:21:48 PM

It sounds like you took the system apart when installing the new HSF. It's possible you forgot to plug something back in when putting the system back together. You should go through the READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum. I've been updating it just today, so the suggestions are all relevant and up to date.
m
l
!