Asus q500a onboard video card drivers windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainx

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to help my wife get her newly purchased machine up and working in XP. It came with Windows 8 pre-installed and she hates it.

The model is Asus Q500A Intel i5-3210M 750 GB Hard Drive, 6 Gigs Ram

I need to locate a video driver for Windows XP and any other compatible drivers I can find for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ken

cl-scott

Honorable
Unfortunately this isn't going to be possible. The drivers needed to make XP run on that model do not exist. You might be able to get Windows 7 to work given that the drivers are largely the same, but XP is basically out of the question.

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
harry here: this works on the devices on ur system go to the card to drivers the click update be online when u do this it will look on the computer first then go on the web for them when it starts the download click save then run, so will have them for later, it's always good to back-up all ur drivers & .dills on cd/rw 1 for each so next time on need 1 u pop in the cd & pow u got it. :)

macleonard

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

when u install XP it disconnects all devices it does have drivers for, video is 1 wireless card is another & sound also u will have to plug in ur DSL connection, go Asus support/drivers there get all of pick all u need then click the download button also click save then run on them that wayu will have them for later if u need them it's always good to back up all drivers & .dll's have on 2 cd so when u need them again u pop the cd in & pow u got in done...

Cyberboy77

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hello, Captainx.
I successfully installed Windows XP in the ASUS Q500A laptop computer. You can download the drivers from Itel's website, there is one package for the HD4000 for Windows XP. The only thing that I could't set up was the AHCI functionality. It always hangs Windows XP...
All the other drivers are available on the Internet, as I said, I managed to install every device of the computer (except AHCI), so Windows XP is not out of the question.
Good luck, and PM me if you need assistance.

MichaelJ275

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Cyberboy77, I'm trying to find the full Windows 7 - 64 bit driver package for the Q500A. Can't locate anything on the ASUS website and nothing intelligent seems to surface on the internet, in general. Any suggestions? Thanks, MichaelJ

Cyberboy77

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

Hello, MichaelJ.
I found every driver I need for Windows 7 64 bit. After installing the OS, the only drivers I needed were:
- Intel 4000 Hd Graphics: You can download this package from Intel's website.
- ASUS ATK Package: Download them from ASUS website, there's a version for Windows 7 64 bit.
- ASUS SmartGesture: The same as above.
- Wi-fi: From Intel's website, the driver is for Centrino Wireless-N 2230.

I didn't install Ethernet driver, but I know you can find it in Intel's Website. Also de Intel Managemente Engine Driver.

Hope this helps you.
Let me know if I can help you further.
Good luck!

snakerdlk

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I have win7 and installed the following from asus' site for win8:
Touchpad
Audio
Chipset
IME/MEI
SmartGesture
VGA
Cardreader

WIFI/Bluetooth I got from intel's site. Look closely, Centrino 2230 has two drivers, on for bluetooth (v2.6) and one for wifi (v15).

Athers Ethernet AR8151... found somewhere, didn't test it yet.

Does anyone have the webcam driver?
I still have a "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" that has no driver...

stavstav2

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

i can identify with that.... i hate it too with a passion

i am in a similar situation, most of the drivers can be found for xp, definitely gfx driver can be found.

you might want to try driverpacksolution. google it. you can dl and make a dvd of it

you will want to download "intel chipset" for xp drivers beforehand and put them on a flash disk because i had problems with the usb3.0 and driverpacksolution.

you can definitely find your video card driver for xp. that is the easiest driver to find ever. just look up the brand and go to their website

that being said i have a couple issues in xp with my laptop, even tho all drivers got installed correctly seemingly. major one is the realtek hd audio is not detected for some reason so i have no sound on boot, i have figured out a workaround but its annoying. sometimes my computer boots up with the wireless showing disconnected but its actually connected. it does not go into standby correctly when i close the lid. when i open it again the screen will not turn back on and i have to reboot. now i manually put it in standby but when i turn it back on i have no sound. you may run into similar issues and its a pain. being that this computer is for a female she prob wont be able to deal with this and you might want to try windows 7. of course maybe you will get lucky and all will work perfect. maybe worth a try if you got some time to spare...

just because the driver does not exist on the manufacturers website does not mean it "does not exist", most all devices use 3rd party chipsets.... and i doubt you have tried it guy. dont be ignorant. that sounds like an answer you would get from asus tech support just cuz they dont want to deal with you...

make the dvd of driverpacksolution, then put everything else you need on a flash drive.

what video card you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.