Best value I7 motherboard

If pricing is of no concern then its the Asus Maximus III Formula..

P.S. - Motherboards based on the same chipset perform similarly.. Thus, there is not much difference, in terms of performance, between two X58 chipset based motherboards.. The criteria for selection then comes down to the features provided, price point, aesthetics sometimes and other factors.. And it gets pretty tough to best on all of those departments.. Thus, there won't ever exist a 'best motherboard'.. It gets down to user/buyer's perspective ultimately..

nikonf

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Thanks for the quick response. I have had good support and luck with ASUS and Gigabyte.
Perhaps I should choose one of those with firewire, USB 3 and Sata6, since I work with photo editing programs and RAW files which convert to 139mb Tifs. I also need 8 to 16gb of high speed ram for this work in Photoshop, Phase One Capture One and DxO Optics PRO Elite. I have a great deal of disk space to backup, therefore, high speed drives are important to me.

Then don't choose any Gigabyte MOBO.

I use ASUS P6X58D-E as pseudo Workstations, but if you're doing Pro image editing then I would recommend using an Xeon rig instead; ASUS P6T WS or SuperMicro...Dual ASUS Z8PE-D12, EVGA SR-2 or SuperMicro. Coupled with ECC RAM + Pro GPU(s).

^ Duh, yep! {1156} Oooopsy! (4th post)

1156: {Value}
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro

1156 {Pro}
ASUS P7F7-E WS {allows Xeon 3400's/see CPU list & ECC RAM}

Also, I would look at the X58 using {Photoshop, Phase One Capture One and DxO Optics PRO Elite} AND if my living depended upon my PC. In addition, a Pro GPU and ECC RAM MOBO only. One of my staff is the 'artist'; Dual Xeon Mac Pro + Intel Xeon WS. In either case Xeon.