Problem Starting Up Windows After Overclock and BIOS Update

FishMonger

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, but here's what happened. Yesterday I updated my motherboard (Gigabyte Z68MA) chipset and BIOS and then overclocked by CPU (Intel i5 2500k) and now EVERY time I go to start it up from when it's sleeping or turn my computer on for the first time, it goes to start up windows (windows 7 64 bit) but then the screen goes black and there's nothing there but a white hyphen at the top left corner of the screen.

Then I have to force a shut down and next time it loads I can either choose to 1) Resume from last startup (forgot the exact wording) or 2) Delete last resume and go for system boot.

If I choose the first option it goes right back to the black screen and I have to do a force shut down again. I'm not sure what the problem is, I don't remember touching anything in BIOS except raising the frequency from 3.3 ghz to 3.7 and raising the VCORE .03. But I was looking around some other options in the CPU section and I think there was one other option I changed, but it wasn't in the actual BIOS tab so I'm unsure why it would do this.

I'd really appreciate any help with this, thank you.

TRENDING THREADS