Sign in with
Your question

Hd7950 max safe temps

Last response: in Overclocking
January 8, 2013 9:40:02 PM

hi guys ive searched the net for days and i cant seem to find an answer ....ive got the msi 7950 twin frozr and need to no whats a safe max gpu temp as well as vram temp , at the moment here in S.A it is extremely hot (humid) so i just need piece of mind that i wont run into issues during our summer

i do OC very much and pretty much everything so ya please assist me

as we speak its 1.30am here and the card is at stock now which is 880/1250 and the idle temp on the gpu is 60c :whistle:  lol i no ,hot hey anyway please ...MAX SAFE TEMPS FOR GPU AND VRAM FOR A 7950 REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP

AND PLEASE IF YOU KNOW THE MAX TEMP AS 80 OR 90 PLEASE SAY THAT DONT DROP IT BY 5C BECAUSE I NEED RIGHT AMOUNTS AND DONT WORRY IVE BEEN OCing LONG SO I NO WHAT NEEDS TO BE KNOWN THANKS AGAIN GUYS

More about : hd7950 max safe temps

January 9, 2013 12:02:43 AM

can some one reply please
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 12:59:20 AM

I would say that the maximum safe temperature would be ~85C, but I would keep it under 80C(which is still a bit high) when under load. Your card is running hot, if the idle temp at stock clocks is 60C then something is not right. How is your case ventilation?
Related resources
January 9, 2013 8:09:12 AM

i would say my case got a fair air flow but just to give you an idea how hot it is here , yesterday when i was at a friends place ,my cpu idle was at around 29c in the aircon and no wat home its at 42c , sorry didnt check the card temps so ya its hot here during summer...what sort of idle temps should i be getting with this card? btw i have the 7970 pcb....ok just stress the card with kombuster now for about 3
mins at stock with auto fan and it hit 88c on the core while fan was at 90% and the vram hit 107c
January 9, 2013 2:02:21 PM

dre2626 said:
i would say my case got a fair air flow but just to give you an idea how hot it is here , yesterday when i was at a friends place ,my cpu idle was at around 29c in the aircon and no wat home its at 42c , sorry didnt check the card temps so ya its hot here during summer...what sort of idle temps should i be getting with this card? btw i have the 7970 pcb....ok just stress the card with kombuster now for about 3
mins at stock with auto fan and it hit 88c on the core while fan was at 90% and the vram hit 107c

You should be getting idle temps around 30c and 60-70c under load. I'd put the fan speed for your card at around 65-70%. Your temps are way too high mate. May i ask what case you are using. That may be the problem.
January 9, 2013 4:20:20 PM

na bru im using a strike x case but even with the side panel off theres no difference maybe its just the heat here or there could be a problem with the termal paste or lastly ,the card has a problem
January 27, 2013 2:36:34 AM

Take off the GPU Cooler and look at the thermal paste. If there is anything but a thin layer of thermal paste wipe it off and apply a new thin coat of it. The only problem with these amazing cards is that the some of the people who apply the thermal paste to these cards have no idea how to properly do it and drown the GPU in it, hence the high temperatures.
!