I pruchased my second Gigabyte motherboard and ran into some problems with this install. I hope you can offer some useful help. I have a 500G SATA HD and an IDE DVD/CD. After completing all the connection I started the computer. After the bios completes its functions I get a request to insert the system disk. The next message I get is "BOOT DISK FAILURE". I checked the bios and found that it will not recogonize the HD connected to the SATA line. It will only pick up what is connected to the IDE.
PS: this sub category is unrelated to my issue. This system would not allow the question to post without something in this field.
Welcome Newcomer. There are a lot of things to try here, so let's start with the basics:
1. Ensure that the SATA power cable is connected, firmly.
2. Ensure that the SATA data cable is connected, frimly.
3. Use a different SATA port
4. Use a different SATA data cable
5. Use a different SATA power cable
6. Try the HDD in a different computer to see if the BIOS of test computer recognizes the HDD.