Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs

jijoslin

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Is a soundblaster audigy 2 better than onboard sound on an average board? I know it says it's 24-bit sound and I picked one upfor 20.00 bucks on ebay, so how does this card compare it also says its an sbo350 model number

Not always true when it comes to audio cards there are some pretty crappy Sound Cards floating around and creative has a few that are just pathetic.

Don't let driver issues come into argument.. That way I've seen more real life complaints regarding video cards.. To rephrase my comment, any properly working (software and hardware wise) dedicated card will always stay better than its relative onboard solution.. As for creative being faulty, the problem exists with few line of cards and as i mentioned above, its moreover a driver issue.. I've my creative sound blaster 24 bit running flawlessly from past 5 years.. It has worked with all sorts of OS's starting from win xp, fedora, vista and now to win7..

No its not that I use an X-Fi Tiatanium and love it. I am just saying there are some really crappy cards around. Creatives budget cards like their Audigiy SE or the Extreme Audio will not be much better if any over onboard audio just like video cards you get what you pay for. Creatives High End cards are great and have great sound quality if you read my Sound Card Advice thread you would see what I am talking about and you would know thats not what I am talking about so calm yourself.

I was plenty calm when i stated my thoughts.. May be my words suggested anguish but there was nothing of that sort.. As for your post, i had read it long back and fully supported it via my comments.. It was really good and essential.. Keep up the good work.. Cheers