Sign in with
Your question

Intel i5-2320 (3.00GHz)

Last response: in Overclocking
January 9, 2013 12:39:33 AM

Originally I was going to custom build my PC but since it was a gift I had to buy a stock PC. The CPU I have is great but I'd like to get the most out of it if possible, I've been seeing topics and videos where people are OC'ing their CPU to 3.7GHz I'd just like to know if this is possible to do and if it's relatively safe to keep that high?

I'm mostly using my PC for gaming.

More about : intel 2320 00ghz

a c 223 à CPUs
a c 134 K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 12:46:31 AM

konkorfour said:
Originally I was going to custom build my PC but since it was a gift I had to buy a stock PC. The CPU I have is great but I'd like to get the most out of it if possible, I've been seeing topics and videos where people are OC'ing their CPU to 3.7GHz I'd just like to know if this is possible to do and if it's relatively safe to keep that high?

I'm mostly using my PC for gaming.

It is never a good idea to OC Sandy or Ivy bridge if it is not a K version, it is damaging to your board and processor and is extremely hard to get stable.

I would suggest you leave it as is.
a c 157 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 2:05:05 AM

A non k cpu can still be oced 400mhz and is certainly not damaging at all nor unstable. It is ocing by changing the the multi, the same way as a k. As long as your voltage and temps are fine, it's safe. But since you said it is not a custom pc, you most likely can't because oems will lock most bios settings.

Even if you do oc by the bclk it is not damaging to the board or cpu and is not hard to get stable. It is not recommended because it is connected to the clocks of pcie, sata, pretty much everything else you don't want to be messing with. It still won't be damaging to any hardware.
Related resources
!