Sign in with
Your question

Crosshair IV CPU Red Light

Last response: in Motherboards
November 4, 2010 12:57:39 AM

Hi Everyone! I was just finishing up my build yesterday and powered it up for the first time and I ran into a problem. All the case fans and H70 Fans turn on (LEDS and Everything) and the motherboard turns on but the Red CPU indicator LED near the probeit section stays on RED and flashing. It Never Posts and there is no response on my monitor at all. Ive tried removing the H70 and Reseating the CPU (No Missing,Bent, or Broken Off Pins), but I still get the light. The power button stays on and continously flashing (Blue) along with the orange HDD activity Light. There are no funny smells coming from the case and no mysterious smoke. The temps are fine and are within an appropriate range. Could I have the H70 on too tight or something? Can anyone Please Help Me? Thank You!

Specs (possibly pertaining to problem):
Azza Solano 1000R
Corsair 850TX
Asus Crosshair IV Formula (AMD 890FX)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Corsair H70
a c 1163 V Motherboard
a c 900 à CPUs
November 4, 2010 1:03:37 AM

Did you connect the CPU power connector to the motherboard?
m
l
November 4, 2010 1:07:09 AM

I have the 24 pin ATX and the 8 pin EPS hooked up correctly. Is there a connector I am missing or forgot to put in...the number of cables in there witht the 850tx is slightly overwhelming lol.
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2010 1:24:17 AM

I forgot to install the MB standoffs...would this cause the exact problem or would that be a seperate problem?
m
l
a c 1163 V Motherboard
a c 900 à CPUs
November 4, 2010 1:29:13 AM

Motherboard standoffs are there for a reason! You are shorting the motherboard to the case! It is your problem!
m
l
November 4, 2010 1:32:06 AM

Ohhh ok, its just that when I think "shorting" I think of absolutely NO power hitting the system so it confused me when all the fans and Lights would turn on and the MB itself would turn on.
m
l
!