Overclocking Core 2 DUO SU7300

:P Hi, I just wanted to know if it would be possible to overclock my Inspiron 1470's little Core 2 Duo cpu. It runs at a default clock speed of 1.3GHz and isnt actually terrible, but it lacks the snappiness im looking for with certain applications.

First off, I dont want to sound snarky or anything, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me that "laptops are not overclockable" and "its pointless to overclock a laptop" or "its bad for the hardware" etc...I am well aware of this. However, I do still want to squeeze every last drop of speed out of my little processor here. Ive overclocked laptops before using this method, but I cant seem to find too much useful information regarding this laptop except that this cpu has been software overclocked before on other computers.

Full specifications:

Computer model: Dell Inspiron 1470 NOTEBOOK, not ULTRABOOK XD. Cherry red.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 @ 1.30GHz (x2)
GPU: Intel Mobile Graphics 4 Series
RAM: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit.

So, does anybody happen to know of a tool that may help me aside from clockgen or setfsb, or perhaps the correct PLL for my cpu? Upgrading is not an option. I've broken the laptop down before and discovered that it is a soldered CPU, and obviously its a soldered GPU as well.
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocking core su7300
  1. tryed in bios settings ? i doubt you can reach something noticible in performance ,but if your temperatures are normal you can try something like 1.5ghz in bios settings by rising fsb frequency ,allways check your temperatures if wont get too hot...
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking Core Laptops