New computer now need help with Graphics card

I just bought a ZT Affinity 7351ma
AMD Phenom™ II X4 Processor 955 (3.2GHz)
AMD 760G / SB710 chipset
8GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (16GB Max, 4 DIMMS)
Power Supply: 300W ATX
open slots
1 x PCIe x16
1 x PCIe x1
2 x PCI

I will be gaming quite a bit as i used to be hardcore 3-5 years ago. Im pretty sure i need a new power supply and I want a new video card. My budget is $300 total.

I have been reading the forums and im more confused now than i was when i began. Help!

I will be playing all types of games. I dont know if i will be upgrading to 2 video cards in the future but right now my budget is the most important. I would like to have a kickazz card that would be good for at least a year, then i might upgrade. Which do i pick? 5770? GTX 260? 4890? Im confused.
7 answers Last reply
More about computer graphics card
  1. I'd probably go with this Corsair 650Watt PSU and this Sapphire HD5770 Graphics card

-Wolf sends
  2. I agree, get a 650Watt or more and the 5770 is the way to go! You can even run three monitors on that card! Great for World of Warcraft (WoW) etc.
  3. wolf gave you great recommendations but my question is on your statement "upgrading to 2 video cards"

do you plan to get a new motherboard and go SLI/CF in the future?

if not you could probably drop down to a solid 500w+ PSU and save some cash while still running a 5770.
  4. Thanks for the relpies!!!

I dont plan on getting a new motherboard soon. So do you think a 500W power supply would be ok? I was looking at this combo.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=n82e16817139005

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447&cm_re=XFX_radeon_5770-_-14-150-447-_-Product

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102858&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-858-_-Product

Ive been outta the game for 2 plus years. I cant wait to get back into gaming!!!
  5. A quality 500 watt PSU should be fine for your system with a new HD 5770. A little bit less headroom, but still fully functional.

-Wolf sends
  6. I just installed a Corsair 650W PSU. It was so much easier than i thought it would be. Now i just need to get that Sapphire 5770 video card! The installation of the PSU was so easy that my next computer i will just build myself.

Thanks all for the responses. This forum is great!
  7. jd40 said:
    I just installed a Corsair 650W PSU. It was so much easier than i thought it would be. Now i just need to get that Sapphire 5770 video card! The installation of the PSU was so easy that my next computer i will just build myself.

Thanks all for the responses. This forum is great!

Hey JD40 im in your exact position i have the exact same computer you bought from Costco (unfortunately ZT does not make them anymore) I was also considering on getting the corsair 650W PS but my only concern is does it fit the case *(i got the black one i know there was the grey one too which looked a little bigger).

Thanks please get back to me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product