problem with XP Plus! screensavers

November 22, 2004 8:31:01 PM

I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are not
correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??

More about : problem screensavers

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 8:46:54 AM

You have a large selection of Nvidia Drivers to choose from. Go here
and get one.
www.guru3d.com

"mustang232" <mustang232@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
> computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are
> not
> correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
> automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 6:59:02 PM

Ok. I downloaded driver 66.93 for my card, however I am still having the same
problems with screensavers. I.E.: The colors of the fish in the Plus Aquarium
screensaver are a white/clear color but the background is normal. I
attempted to adjust the settings of the s.s., but it didn't work. Also, if I
click "Preview" for some Plus screensavers, my system crashes/reboots. I
have checked the settings of my new card, but nothing seems out of whack. I
am at a loss for what to do next. Can you help?

AMD Athlon 1.13 GHz
512 MB SDRAM
PNY NVIDIA GForce FX 5700 LE Optima AGP
Windows XP Home SP2

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> You have a large selection of Nvidia Drivers to choose from. Go here
> and get one.
> www.guru3d.com
>

> "mustang232" <mustang232@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
> > computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are
> > not
> > correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
> > automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??

November 24, 2004 6:23:47 AM

Could you give me a little more info about your system. Motherboard make
and model. Also Power Supply.
Model and Wattage.
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 6:23:48 AM

Motherboard: ABit KT7A
Power Supply: Antec 300 Watt ATX-PP303XP

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Could you give me a little more info about your system. Motherboard make
> and model. Also Power Supply.
> Model and Wattage.

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 10:49:11 PM

Your older system may just be giving marginal support to your 5700.
Here is something I found about the 5200. Take a look
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=12&thr...

!