problem with XP Plus! screensavers

I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are not
correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??
5 answers Last reply
More about problem plus screensavers

    You have a large selection of Nvidia Drivers to choose from. Go here
    and get one.
    www.guru3d.com

    "mustang232" <mustang232@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
    > computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are
    > not
    > correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
    > automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??

    Ok. I downloaded driver 66.93 for my card, however I am still having the same
    problems with screensavers. I.E.: The colors of the fish in the Plus Aquarium
    screensaver are a white/clear color but the background is normal. I
    attempted to adjust the settings of the s.s., but it didn't work. Also, if I
    click "Preview" for some Plus screensavers, my system crashes/reboots. I
    have checked the settings of my new card, but nothing seems out of whack. I
    am at a loss for what to do next. Can you help?

    AMD Athlon 1.13 GHz
    512 MB SDRAM
    PNY NVIDIA GForce FX 5700 LE Optima AGP
    Windows XP Home SP2

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > You have a large selection of Nvidia Drivers to choose from. Go here
    > and get one.
    > www.guru3d.com
    >

    > "mustang232" <mustang232@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just installed an NVidia 5700 LE AGP graphics card on my WIN XP Home SP2
    > > computer, and now when I attempt to set my screensavers, the colors are
    > > not
    > > correct. Also, when I preview certain XP Plus! screensavers, my system
    > > automatically shuts down. Can someone help me fix this problem??

    Could you give me a little more info about your system. Motherboard make
    and model. Also Power Supply.
    Model and Wattage.

    Motherboard: ABit KT7A
    Power Supply: Antec 300 Watt ATX-PP303XP

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Could you give me a little more info about your system. Motherboard make
    > and model. Also Power Supply.
    > Model and Wattage.

    Your older system may just be giving marginal support to your 5700.
    Here is something I found about the 5200. Take a look
    http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=50538&enterthread=y

    > Motherboard: ABit KT7A
    > Power Supply: Antec 300 Watt ATX-PP303XP
    >
    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    >
    >> Could you give me a little more info about your system. Motherboard
    >> make
    >> and model. Also Power Supply.
    >> Model and Wattage.

Configuration Windows XP