Sign in with
Your question

How does Corsair H100i work?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 9, 2013 3:13:31 PM

So I am installing a corsair h100i at top of my case, along with 2 fans under the radiator. I'm not doing push/pull because how much dust goes on the radiator.

If I did it so the fans are under the radiator it will exhaust the air in the case through the radiator, will it than go out of the case at the top?

Also Push/Pull does it work bottom fans exhaust air and top fans intake air so the bottom fans push the intake fans back out?

More about : corsair h100i work

a c 88 K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 3:22:55 PM

In push/pull with a radiator mounted at the top of the case, the bottom fans would push air through the radiator and into the top fans which would pull that same air through the radiator and out of the case - best to expel the air rather than introduce heated air into the case. There shouldn't be any dust issues (except from dust inside the case) since the fans will be blowing it away
My $0.02
January 9, 2013 3:26:38 PM

C12Friedman said:
In push/pull with a radiator mounted at the top of the case, the bottom fans would push air through the radiator and into the top fans which would pull that same air through the radiator and out of the case - best to expel the air rather than introduce heated air into the case. There shouldn't be any dust issues (except from dust inside the case) since the fans will be blowing it away
My $0.02

So bottom fans will be blowing the air that is inside the case through the radiator than the top fans will be blowing it out of the case through the top vents?

Wouldn't the air without the top mounted fans just go out of the case anyway through the vents as heat does raise?
a c 324 K Overclocking
January 9, 2013 3:38:26 PM

Airflow can go in the direction you choose based on how you mount the cooler in reference to the fans and case airflow direction desired. There isn't a set direction that you must follow for airflow through the radiator.
!