Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezing have to press button to turn off and thers no sound

Last response: in Windows XP
November 14, 2012 10:30:40 AM

well if i open multiple windows it freezes now it has no sound and when it freezes i have to press power button to turn off and is really
slow!
November 14, 2012 11:02:21 AM

Do you have any errors in Event viewer about it? (sound or system errors related, in administative tools>computer management>event viewer in control panel?!
Do U have any errors in Device manager?
Look at Task manager Process/ Services, to see if something is "eating" to much memory or for weird service names
Do U have an antivirus? What are your specs?
When U open just folders or certain programs?

Try do some cleaning, remove/uninstall things U don't need anymore, disable services and startup that U don't need and are not vital from Start>run>msconfig, do some cleaning with CCleaner and a scan with your antivirus or Malwarebytes(google, download and install)

Does this happen in safemode?
Does this happened recent, because if so, you can try doing a System restore, to an earlier date with Start>run>msconfig>System restore.

:hello: 

m
l
November 17, 2012 7:17:54 AM

ysteb said:
well if i open multiple windows it freezes now it has no sound and when it freezes i have to press power button to turn off and is really
slow!
f8 at start-up that safe mode tools on HDD properties a check for error's, a disk clean-up & a defrag should take care of it ;) 
m
l
Related resources
!