Computer freezing have to press button to turn off and thers no sound

well if i open multiple windows it freezes now it has no sound and when it freezes i have to press power button to turn off and is really
slow!
2 answers Last reply
More about computer freezing press button turn thers sound
  1. Do you have any errors in Event viewer about it? (sound or system errors related, in administative tools>computer management>event viewer in control panel?!
    Do U have any errors in Device manager?
    Look at Task manager Process/ Services, to see if something is "eating" to much memory or for weird service names
    Do U have an antivirus? What are your specs?
    When U open just folders or certain programs?

Try do some cleaning, remove/uninstall things U don't need anymore, disable services and startup that U don't need and are not vital from Start>run>msconfig, do some cleaning with CCleaner and a scan with your antivirus or Malwarebytes(google, download and install)

Does this happen in safemode?
    Does this happened recent, because if so, you can try doing a System restore, to an earlier date with Start>run>msconfig>System restore.

:hello:
  2. ysteb said:
    well if i open multiple windows it freezes now it has no sound and when it freezes i have to press power button to turn off and is really
    slow!
    f8 at start-up that safe mode tools on HDD properties a check for error's, a disk clean-up & a defrag should take care of it ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Power Windows XP