Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I can't believe you guys are buying into this video card war crap

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2010 9:17:04 PM

All of these sales pitches like direct x 10 or 11 or 11.1 or 1.1 or whatever else you have are just gimmicks. They arent any less gimmicky than the nintendo wii doogle. You dont ntoice these little things in games because games like dirt move too fast anyway and you aren't gonna be concentrating on how some crowd moves. Plus, you are spending all this cash on 300 dollar video cards that are gonna be obselete in months when the next best thing gets marketed and comes along anyway that might not even be used like dx 10 but youll fork down the cash anyway. You people are no worse than the casual wii gamers you laugh at imo. Its all marketing. For me games that came up like 10 yrs ago look as good and are as fun to play if not more than most mdoern games. Im talking about games like giants, descent 3, quake 3 and its mods, everything else since than is just bells and whistles that don't need in games anyway or notice unless you look for it.

Best solution

February 25, 2010 9:23:46 PM

February 25, 2010 9:24:53 PM

lol
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 9:25:59 PM

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 9:27:45 PM

First off DX11 is something that just comes with ATI cards. Since ATIs 5000 series covers all price segments and beats Nvidia at all of them. There is simply no good alternative. You would be making a point if there is DX10 cards out that is considerably cheaper but there isn't. The ATI 4000 stock has dried up. I did not buy a 5970 because it has DX11. I bought it because it kicks more ass than any other card out there.

Also there is always something around the corner. Sure it is going obsolete in months but you say it as if a card today simply would not function and needs replacing tomorrow. Even in a deflating economy people would still spend some levels of money and if you want to play video games right now then you have to pick up a graphics card.
Score
a c 110 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 9:31:15 PM

What do they call that hole in the side of the barrel they pound the bung into ?
Score
a c 87 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 9:44:21 PM

and i like casual wii gamers, my GF is one of them..... :/  lol
Score
a c 376 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 9:52:45 PM

Your name is Kari and you have a GF?
I would like more details...
Score
a c 107 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 10:00:09 PM

Don't feed the trolls. Anyone who thinks Q3 looks as good as Crysis is either trollin, or just too dumb to know they are retarded

:lol: 
Score
February 25, 2010 10:06:42 PM

Nice troll.
Unsuccessful though.
Score
February 25, 2010 10:43:52 PM

Haha, this reminds me of a guy a few months ago, with the post of "WHY should I upgrade." Where he was making fun of people that upgrade.

Yes, there is always going to be something better around the corner. Yes they market products. If you like Wolf3d, break out the old 386 and play it. Save money.

It's a hobby. I'm an enthusiast, that's why I spend more money than is necessary on hardware. I don't even have time to play many games, but I just dumped $1300 on 3 5870s than in 5 years will be nothing more than paperweights. Do I have to justify my decision to you? No.

Am I just feeding into your stupid post? Probably. On the off chance that you really honestly don't understand, it's just a HOBBY. That's why we do it. It's not even that expensive as far as hobbies go. But if you're happy with not buying anything, don't. I will.

You can wait till the price goes down to your liking, and nobody will complain to you. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't have a boat, or any expensive shotguns. I have my PC
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 10:47:51 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
February 25, 2010 10:47:56 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!