Sign in with
Your question

Why does windows xp reboot while printing

Last response: in Windows XP
November 14, 2012 2:53:32 PM

Windows XP has suddenly begun rebooting shortly after I hit either the quick print icon or printing from the file menu. A Win pop-up menu says that files have been replaced by unrecognized versions, with the fix being to reinstall Win XP. This fix is a last resort. Do you know of another fix that is far less invasive/cumbersome than reinstalling Win XP?
November 17, 2012 1:01:52 AM

sailake said:
Windows XP has suddenly begun rebooting shortly after I hit either the quick print icon or printing from the file menu. A Win pop-up menu says that files have been replaced by unrecognized versions, with the fix being to reinstall Win XP. This fix is a last resort. Do you know of another fix that is far less invasive/cumbersome than reinstalling Win XP?
:hello:  harry here: u most like put all those updtea in hour after hour of them, u want to reinstall cause 1 little boo boo, u have select it to shut down after printing in settings & don't use quick printer again delete the icon, if u want u printer something off the web just high light it then hit Ctrl+p & then the pinter will open up then select, selection only :) 
November 17, 2012 1:09:00 AM

sailake said:

Put your XP cd in the CD drive, open a command windows (or 'Start>run') and type 'sfc /scannow' (without the quotes) It'll take quite a while but will scan the system and replace missing, corrupt, & wrong versioned files.
!