Sign in with
Your question

Does anyone know the detailed scanner specs of HP Photosmart C3180

Last response: in Storage
March 31, 2012 9:20:38 AM

I need someone to inform me of the detail scanner specs of HP photosmart C3180 series printer. I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything detailed.

All it says on the HP website that its specs are 48bit colour and 8bit grayscale. What I want to know is the internal and external properties. Is it 48bit external/24bit internal? Or 48bit all? Generally most multi-function printers have either 48bit in/24bit ext/ or just 24 bit in/ex.

No where on the net or product page says anything for this troubling printer.

I am asking because I am considering a new printer. The upkeep cost of the ink HP 93 colour is too expensive. Way too minimal amounts and costs like 30$ each replacements.
April 1, 2012 4:03:46 AM

DelroyMonjo said:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00...

NO printer ink is cheap. But IMHO HP makes the best consumer printers out there. I have a C5280 and occasionally scan photos with it and print them on 4x6 photo glossy paper. They look great! Nearly original print quality.

No there are cheap printer ink. Canon have larger quantity in cartridges and HP 61 also have 19ml. But my printer only uses HP 93 and only has 5 ml. I like HP printer because of its durability, it outlast any other brands. But considering its upkeep of kin its expensive.

I do ink refills on my own so that shaves the cost a little, but occasionally the ink cartridges itself breaks or malfunction with the heads and need to buy a new one.

Besides your answer has nothing to do with my question of the scanner specs. I want to buy a printer with equivalent scanner specs, the photosmart series have excellent scan quality and i want to keep that.
m
l
April 1, 2012 4:05:52 AM

DelroyMonjo said:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00...

NO printer ink is cheap. But IMHO HP makes the best consumer printers out there. I have a C5280 and occasionally scan photos with it and print them on 4x6 photo glossy paper. They look great! Nearly original print quality.

I also previously mentioned in my comment I have already looked at HP website and nothing was useful. I want to know the external and internal properties. Your scanner may have 48 bit but when it outputs to your PC it converts to 24 bit. I want to know that information for my printer.
m
l
!