Sign in with
Your question

Photo printing programs for windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
November 14, 2012 3:56:45 PM

Hi,I'm working with a Photo Printing Wizard in Windows XP. - Hooked up to an Epson Stylus Photo R2000 color inkjet wide format printer.
My goal is to figure out how to print photos of paintings in a specific size (preferably inches) and as close to the original height and width proportions of the painting.
The printer will take both 8 1/2 x 11 and 13 x19 fine art paper - so, as an example, say I have a painting that is square, and I want to print the image at 12" x 12" on the 13 x 19 paper - or 8" x 8" - or even 6" x 6" on the smaller paper.
Using the MicoSoft Digital Image Standard 2006 editor I have tried re-sizing the image and the canvas individually and together in various combinations. No matter what I do, the Photo Printing Wizard will re- size the print to the maximum that the paper will take in the full page photo format - changing the Height and Width proportions back to rectangular. A bit better luck choosing the
Full Page Fax Print option - the proportions will maintain - but the size still goes to the default maximum width of the paper.

Is there a work-around that I might try - or a photo printing program that will do what I'm attempting to do?
Thanks very much,
Chuck :) 

November 14, 2012 4:12:31 PM

have you checked the printer settings on you computer?

some printers have a auto-size setting enabled by default
m
l
November 14, 2012 6:27:10 PM

Emerald said:
have you checked the printer settings on you computer?

some printers have a auto-size setting enabled by default

I did check those settings. The Epson program allows adjustment. Reduce/enlarge by percentage. All attempts produce the same results - default to fill the page.
This morning I've been experimenting with layering - in the Digital Imaging software that i have. I can now insert a picture into a photo of a blank white background - and adjust the height/width proportions of the inserted picture. I can guess at and adjust to size, I just can't consistently predict the actual size of the final printed image.

I imagine I can work this way - it just seems like a bunch of monkeying around.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuck
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2012 6:39:43 PM

not sure if a different software like Gimp will work better
m
l
November 17, 2012 6:34:30 AM

chuck_16 said:
Hi,I'm working with a Photo Printing Wizard in Windows XP. - Hooked up to an Epson Stylus Photo R2000 color inkjet wide format printer.
My goal is to figure out how to print photos of paintings in a specific size (preferably inches) and as close to the original height and width proportions of the painting.
The printer will take both 8 1/2 x 11 and 13 x19 fine art paper - so, as an example, say I have a painting that is square, and I want to print the image at 12" x 12" on the 13 x 19 paper - or 8" x 8" - or even 6" x 6" on the smaller paper.
Using the MicoSoft Digital Image Standard 2006 editor I have tried re-sizing the image and the canvas individually and together in various combinations. No matter what I do, the Photo Printing Wizard will re- size the print to the maximum that the paper will take in the full page photo format - changing the Height and Width proportions back to rectangular. A bit better luck choosing the
Full Page Fax Print option - the proportions will maintain - but the size still goes to the default maximum width of the paper.

Is there a work-around that I might try - or a photo printing program that will do what I'm attempting to do?
Thanks very much,
harry here: u need photo paper then when u have the photo selected hit print ;) 
m
l
November 17, 2012 12:19:47 PM

harryblue954 said:
harry here: u need photo paper then when u have the photo selected hit print ;) 

Thanks Harry,

Tried the photo paper, still no dice. Having done some more experimenting and research since i first posted - I'm beginning to realize that to resolve the size and formatting issues i have i need to work in a photo editing program and lock the format i want into one layer, then shop it onto another layer. I need a little more practice.....

Thanks for the advice though.
Chuck
m
l
November 20, 2012 8:55:39 PM

chuck_16 said:

Thanks very much,

only the 1100x800 works in all printers, use photo high gloss page & print
m
l
!