What is the difference in preformance

G

Hello,

A computer company screwed up baddly, and now I am getting anything I ask for.

I proposed a PC with a Quad Core and i7. Their offer is a Dual Core and i7. What is the difference in preformance?

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hello,

A computer company screwed up baddly, and now I am getting anything I ask for.

I proposed a PC with a Quad Core and i7. Their offer is a Dual Core and i7. What is the difference in preformance?
3 things:
1. you obviously didnt get anything you asked for.
2. there are no such thing as i7 dual core
3. i'd ask for i7 980X

G

Thanks. But I am still confused. Also, unfortunately, the negotiations have gone in such a way that I'm going to be getting an Elite Book. According to the web, the Elite Book be configured with Dual Core or a Quad Core and the i7 processor. I really know nothing about computers. (I cried the first time I used one.) I don't think that 980X is an option. But, I should be demanding the Quad Core over the Dual Core? Why?

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
simple, more cores = more processing power, not to mention they are more expensive too, since you said you know nothing about a computer, you probably will be unlikely to be utilizing the full potential of a quad core, nevertheless common sense tells us that its always wiser to get the better one ;-)

G

Thank you all. I've re-issued my request for the Quad Core.

P.S. I will make it my mission to use all the processing power of the i7 and the Quad Core. Thanks for issuing the challenge.