Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this VCORE safe for 24/7 ?!?!?!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 18, 2010 3:05:57 PM

Hey all heres are my specs 1st:

cpu: q9550
mobo: asus p5q se2
gpu: xfx gtx 260 b.e
ram: 4gb ocz reapers
psu: 650 antec true power

I was able (on this mobo) to reach 3.7 (fsb 435) without BSOD. I did some prime test and appears its running stable. I have not done longer prime stress test, will probably do it today.-will let you know.

My big question is the VCORE in bios is set for 1.362 BUT in os CPUZ shows at idle 1.328 and at the full load Vdrops to 1.216.

My temperature doesn't surpass 50 C(on load) since I'm running cpu on TRUE. What you guys think is this voltage OK for 24/7???

ps. forgot to mention:

pcie e : 100Mhz
Strap to North Bridge : 333Mhz
NBV: Auto

Thx in advance

More about : vcore safe

May 18, 2010 3:36:34 PM

You should be fine. Just keep the temps down and you can experiment pretty much as much as u want
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2010 3:37:44 PM

ketrab said:
Hey all heres are my specs 1st:

cpu: q9550
mobo: asus p5q se2
gpu: xfx gtx 260 b.e
ram: 4gb ocz reapers
psu: 650 antec true power

I was able (on this mobo) to reach 3.7 (fsb 435) without BSOD. I did some prime test and appears its running stable. I have not done longer prime stress test, will probably do it today.-will let you know.

My big question is the VCORE in bios is set for 1.362 BUT in os CPUZ shows at idle 1.328 and at the full load Vdrops to 1.216.

My temperature doesn't surpass 50 C(on load) since I'm running cpu on TRUE. What you guys think is this voltage OK for 24/7???

ps. forgot to mention:

pcie e : 100Mhz
Strap to North Bridge : 333Mhz
NBV: Auto

Thx in advance

If your temps stay low for a 24 hour test in prime95 you should be fine.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 133 à CPUs
May 18, 2010 3:41:28 PM

Pro Llama said:
If your temps stay low for a 24 hour test in prime95 you should be fine. Your chips vcore max is 1.5v and you are under that.


VCORE max is not 1.5 volt that is wrong and could fry the CPU if you run it that high max suggested by Intel is 1.368 absolute max Vcore is 1.4 but I wouldn't run it 24\7 that high I would try to keep it under 1.35.

Also to help your VDroop did you enable Load Line Calibration in bios?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2010 3:46:58 PM

saaiello said:
VCORE max is not 1.5 volt that is wrong and could fry the CPU if you run it that high max suggested by Intel is 1.368 absolute max Vcore is 1.4 but I wouldn't run it 24\7 that high I would try to keep it under 1.35.

Also to help your VDroop did you enable Load Line Calibration in bios?

Last time I use toms as a quick reference…

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB...
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 3:51:26 PM

saaiello said:
VCORE max is not 1.5 volt that is wrong and could fry the CPU if you run it that high max suggested by Intel is 1.368 absolute max Vcore is 1.4 but I wouldn't run it 24\7 that high I would try to keep it under 1.35.

Also to help your VDroop did you enable Load Line Calibration in bios?


Saaiello,

So don't you think that vcore: 1.362 may be too much? And I don't think p5q se has LLC function ?!?!?
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 18, 2010 4:02:32 PM

My P5Q SE Plus has it in the bios it should be right above the voltage settings. 1.362 is fine as long as your temps look good keep it under 60C and the processor should last a very long time like that.

I also just checked the manual for your P5Q and you do have it. Its the option below South Bridge voltage enable to help Vdroop also disable CPU Spread Spectrum and PCIE Spread Spectrum too while you are there it will help with overclocking.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:45:09 PM

thx bro
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:47:31 PM

btw. should i leave NB on auto or change the volt? I yes what is the range.
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 18, 2010 4:47:51 PM

ketrab said:
thx bro

Your Welcome

Good Luck
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
May 18, 2010 4:51:54 PM

ketrab said:
btw. should i leave NB on auto or change the volt? I yes what is the range.

I generally leave the NB on Auto its all about trial and error Increaseing the NB voltage can sometimes help get a higher clock rate when you are really trying to push your memory to its max OC with the CPU but remeber more volts more heat I would leave it be and stick around 3.6ghz with that processor.
m
0
l
May 18, 2010 4:59:49 PM

saaiello said:
I generally leave the NB on Auto its all about trial and error Increaseing the NB voltage can sometimes help get a higher clock rate when you are really trying to push your memory to its max OC with the CPU but remeber more volts more heat I would leave it be and stick around 3.6ghz with that processor.



Saaiello,

Since you are so great can you look at my other post. Its regards my GPU( i guess) i think its overheating and I'm not sure if that may have something to do with my OC

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/288822-33-freeze#t214...

Thx in advance
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 19, 2010 12:07:01 AM

You really need that much voltage for 3.7?
m
0
l
!