bigcheazyofwg

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hey everyone just checking to see if my temps are safe for OCing.

Under Prime95 stress test max temps 58c
Idles at 30c

I7 3770K
Asrock Ex4
16gb corsair vengeance
evga gtx 560 ti

another question

thinking of adding another gtx 560 ti and i have a 750w PSU.
Would that bottleneck?

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
what do you need the system for? I assume that you are asking if you have room to overclock, and the answer is: limitedly. It appears that you are using the rather poor stock cooler. that will need an upgrade if you want to overclock. Whether you can get an aftermarket cooler and which depends on whether you are using a name-brand manufactured computer. you need some room in your case.

You missed a deal on the release of the zalman lq series, but you can still get good price/performance from the hyper 212 evo or the noctua dh 14, which are air coolers.

You could add an identical gpu, but that would require the gpu to be sli ready and you would need an sli bridge. The drivers have not been fully developed for sli, but there is an increase in performance. Keep in mind that it is not doubling the graphics performance because there is a bit of latency over the bridge and the drivers are not complete.

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

you max out around 60C, and the max temp it should be able take with no extra damage is 70C. That gives about 10C overhead. you could overclock easily to 4.2Ghz, but you never want to go over 4.4Ghz with that cooler. I have one in push/pull, and 4.2 is what I would recommend for initial testing. if it's still below 70C, add 0.1 and try again. Change voltage accordingly.

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

you should disable hyprthreading for better single-quad threaded performance in these tasks.