Sign in with
Your question

Internet prob

Last response: in Networking
January 29, 2010 5:27:06 PM

I have broadband connection(256 kbps)
Whenever i connect there is a sudden usage of internet speed
(range 15-20 mb)without even opening the browser or any messenger ...why is that ????

i need urgent help becoz its burning a hole in my pocket...

is it some malicous software using my net ????or is there any prob in modem ??

i have run AVG and found no probs.....

More about : internet prob

January 29, 2010 6:18:39 PM

What programs are running in the background - CTRL-ALT-DEL?
It could be all the programs that are set for automatic updates checking in and downloading. Could be windows updates downloading.
I take it you pay by the amount you use instead of a flat rate?
m
l
January 31, 2010 4:53:13 PM

there are no updates running..i have closed all of them...

ya i pay by amount of net used.....so its a BIG problem for me....

plz help everyone
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2010 11:37:21 PM

Goto start then run. Type in msconfig. unselect all start up programs and reboot. Check your internet usage at the next "clean" boot and see if the problem still exists.
I would turn off automatic updates. Also check and see if you have jqs.exe running - java update program. There could be other update programs running also. Set those to manual if you can.

I would run hijackthis.exe to check for unwanted programs, if you haven't already.
AVG won't necessarily get malware/spyware.
m
l
February 1, 2010 6:09:12 AM

""Goto start then run. Type in msconfig. unselect all start up programs and reboot. Check your internet usage at the next "clean" boot and see if the problem still exists. ""

This wont crash my PC naa ???Or make the problem worse ?
m
l
February 1, 2010 8:15:19 AM

Well actually i did what u said...i found one suspicous file in startup " wwwpos32 " and i stopped it ..but cant delete it from PC...
I tried to use " freefixer " but no use :( 

I also disabled AVG scanner...which used some bandwidth (allegedly)

plz tell me how to delete that file...and whats "Hijackthis.exe" from where can i get authentic copy ??
m
l
February 1, 2010 2:53:19 PM

trying.......anyways thx for replying :) 
m
l
February 1, 2010 4:20:23 PM

well i just tried super anti spyware..and it detected 3 trojans...but still after removing them..same problem..

m
l
February 2, 2010 4:15:45 AM

plz help....
m
l
February 2, 2010 10:11:01 AM

jose_007 said:
plz help....

He said:

sturm said:
run a full scan on both malwarebytes and superantispyware.

So you ran a full (or complete) SuperAntiSpyware scan? Did you update the definitions first? If so, download Malwarebytes', update it, and run a full scan on it as well.
m
l
February 2, 2010 2:46:25 PM

i cant update it dude......my net will be used again and there will be chance of more trojans/virus getting in
m
l
February 2, 2010 2:58:26 PM

If you can't update the scanning software then you are pretty much sol. If you won't update it, then how did you download it? From another computer?
They only way you are going to fix this is either by a complete fresh reinstall of the OS or by running these scans AFTER they are updated. The choice is yours.

Do this:
Open up a command prompt - Start - Run - CMD
type in - netstat -a
This will show you all the network connections you have right now. Go through the list and write down or copy it to a new post and we'll look at it.
Also post the output from the hijackthis log.
m
l
February 2, 2010 3:08:30 PM

sturm said:
If you won't update it, then how did you download it? From another computer?
They only way you are going to fix this is either by a complete fresh reinstall of the OS or by running these scans AFTER they are updated. The choice is yours.

What he said. If you have another computer available, SuperAntiSpyware has definitions available on their site, so you can put them on a thumb drive and transfer them to the infected PC from another one. If you can't update them, then it's not going to catch the newest malware, which means your PC could still be infected. If you don't have another computer, you need to get it online just long enough to update them. Trust me, I deal with this stuff all the time in my line of work, and while it's true that you should keep it online as much as possible, they really need to be updated to be effective.

If you don't have another PC available to update them, and you don't want to get online to update them, and you don't want to reinstall, then do yourself a favor and shell out the cash and have a certified repair shop take a look at it and remove it for you. It'll be expensive, but it's really your only other option.
m
l
February 4, 2010 6:24:06 AM

i updated anti spyware and it detected one trojan which i removed....but problem is still there....
m
l
February 4, 2010 9:54:14 AM

jose_007 said:
i updated anti spyware and it detected one trojan which i removed....but problem is still there....

Download and install MBAM, and run a full scan. I think I've said this like 3 times now. You should have installed and updated both of them while you were on the internet, that way you wouldn't have to put it back online to get the updates again. You might have to run a full SAS scan after again.
m
l
February 4, 2010 2:49:18 PM

i have already done MBAM scan..that was the first thing i did
m
l
February 4, 2010 4:20:30 PM

jose_007 said:
i have already done MBAM scan..that was the first thing i did

You've updated both programs and run fulls scans with both and the problems still there?

If so, then you need to find someone who has been trained to use ComboFix and have them help you, because there are definitely some underlying issues.
m
l
February 4, 2010 4:23:12 PM

ya i yupdated them today and ran them again..but no probs in pc...but the real prob is still there...

btw whats combofix ???why cant i use it ??
m
l
February 4, 2010 4:34:13 PM

jose_007 said:
ya i yupdated them today and ran them again..but no probs in pc...but the real prob is still there...

btw whats combofix ???why cant i use it ??

ComboFix is a very powerful program that can remove malware. It can also cause a lot of problems with your PC if you don't know what you're doing. It's best to find someone trained to use it and go from there. I don't know if there's anyone here that's been properly trained, but if not, you can check out Tech Support Guy Forums as they have people trained to remove malware.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
m
l
February 4, 2010 6:39:54 PM

thanks..
m
l
February 4, 2010 6:41:01 PM

jose_007 said:
thanks..

Your welcome.
m
l
February 5, 2010 2:59:15 AM

btw u r sure that the guys at techsupport will help me to resolve the issue ??
m
l
February 5, 2010 8:19:37 AM

jose_007 said:
btw u r sure that the guys at techsupport will help me to resolve the issue ??

Yes, but they're usually backlogged, so it may take a few days. You'll find the same thing at almost any support forum that helps you remove malware though, so there's not much you can do except be patient and let them help you resolve the issue.
m
l
!