High voltage for fx-4100 @4.4ghz

mubin

Distinguished
Hi, as i oc fx-4100 to 4.4ghz, it requires +0.1v(1.450v) Less than +0.1 system freeze/unstable.

CPU-z shows 1.456v and Easytune6 shows 1.450v and temp is 50c. Just increase the multi, nothing else. Isnt that voltage is high for me? Others running @ auto while i cant. 4ghz runs on auto voltage.

Thanks

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
what are your spec?

your not OCing with the easytune I hope! use the bios.

is 50c your idle temp? if so its to high!

use core temp to monitor. first view your idle temps in the bios, then check that against the core temp reading. make any offset adjustments that are needed.

mubin

Distinguished
970a d3
2x4gb 1333
CM 212+ cooler

50c temp is my oc temp at 4.4ghz. 40c @ 4ghz. Idle is 20c or below. I am ocing from bios. What other setting will i add?

What clock are you using for your fx-6300? What voltage? Just want to know.

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012

ok bare with me been over working and kinda tired.

your 50c is your temp at 4.4ghz. is this while running prime95?

your 20c idle is with amd C&Q enabled?

you should view the cpu temp from the bios, take a note. disable the c1e, and the cool and quiet. start your os back up and check your bios reading, against your temperature monitoring software. this is just for the idle temp. then run a prime95 test, and see how the temps do.

your voltage doesnt seem far off. if you run a prime95 test and cores error out, there is not enough voltage. the key is to find the right amount. to little and your cpu doesnt run right, to high and you can burn the cpu out faster. try to stay as close to 1.5 volts (and under) as you can.

as for my settings.
4.2 ghz, @ 1.344 volts. i have everything on auto, except the cpu voltage...and this crappy apm setting in the bios. its disabled