Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Re: hz polling questions

Last response: in Components
May 18, 2010 8:55:09 PM

hey guys,

I just picked up a Razor Abyssus the reason being is i had a Logitec wireless for about 2yrs. It started jittering on the screen I opted for the Razor brand.

I understanding the DPI and i have set it to 1800 (3500 is just to fast for my liking)

Its also got a 120hz and a 1000hz. i don't know if I should leave it at 120hz or change it nor do i understand what this means. I've done a little research and its for up polling (making it smoother) i dont feel the difference really.

i've also read somewhere that 1000hz it can also use up to lot off CPU usuage and even fry mobo! now this has got me thinking! I know don't belive eveything you hear. but i wanna check with the experts on what settings is best suited for me and my computer. i would like it smoother and i will be using it for RTS style games (SC2)

does it even make a difference in 120hz-1000hz? and if it does does it really stress the CPU that much?

this is my current system (nothing is oC'd) note: i will be cross-firing with another 5850 on the weekend.

Monitor 1: Acer G24 (DVI)
Monitor 2: Acer S243HL (HMDI)

Mobo: Asus P6X58D-E
CPU: i7930 LGA 1366
Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850
PSU: Corsair TX 750TX
Case: Antec 900 (comes with two 120mm intake fans -med setting and rear 120mm exhaust and 200mm Exhaust fan on high setting)
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
Case fan (intake): Thermal Take Smart X 2 (set on med. setting)
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520 (stk TP)
ODD: Phillpes x 22 (from previous computer
Keyboard: Logitech G110
Mouse: Razor Abyssus

More about : polling questions

Best solution

May 19, 2010 12:08:23 AM

Polling rate really doesn't matter for gaming. This matters only for pro level fps gaming where a 1ms input lag in a fps can mean life or death in some cases.

As far a CPU goes, it really doesn't affect it that much, it will use less than 0.05% of the CPU. As far as killing USB ports, yes, that is a EXTREMELY UNLIKELY possibility if the increased polling rate causes the mouse to increase power draw.
May 21, 2010 2:12:44 AM

Best answer selected by holunwing.
m
l
!