My Computer missing "My Docs Folder"

I don't know what I did, but you know when you open up "My Computer" There
are 3 or more "Categories" of items to view. One is FILES STORED ON THIS
COMPUTER, another is usually HARD DISKDRVES, and another is DEVICES WITH
REMOVABLE STORAGE, then OTHER.

Well... The hard drive is recognized and I can access ALL files and folders
from there, the CDRW/DVD is still there, no probs. But somehow, in the FILES
STORED ON THIS COMPUTER, where I once showed two folders, one being "Shared
Documents" and the other WAS the My documents folder for my username. It is
now gone???! Is there a way to get specific folders listed there? r just
that one back. it was convenient to have the My Docs folder right there. AND
it would be even more convenient to be able to customize that view.

As a quick background, this is a BRAND NEW latop today. I was messing around
with sharing, and suddenly it disappeared.

Thanks

Doug

douggeri @ hot mail . com
2 answers Last reply
More about computer missing docs folder

    Even when I change the view to Just the entire My Computer Folder, it is
    gone. There must be a way to customize what shows up when you look in "My
    Comouter" Thanks for the help. I know it's probably XP 101 but I missed that
    class. :)

    Doug

    "Doug" <douggeri@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I don't know what I did, but you know when you open up "My Computer" There
    >are 3 or more "Categories" of items to view. One is FILES STORED ON THIS
    >COMPUTER, another is usually HARD DISKDRVES, and another is DEVICES WITH
    >REMOVABLE STORAGE, then OTHER.
    >
    > Well... The hard drive is recognized and I can access ALL files and
    > folders from there, the CDRW/DVD is still there, no probs. But somehow, in
    > the FILES STORED ON THIS COMPUTER, where I once showed two folders, one
    > being "Shared Documents" and the other WAS the My documents folder for my
    > username. It is now gone???! Is there a way to get specific folders listed
    > there? r just that one back. it was convenient to have the My Docs folder
    > right there. AND it would be even more convenient to be able to customize
    > that view.
    >
    > As a quick background, this is a BRAND NEW latop today. I was messing
    > around with sharing, and suddenly it disappeared.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug
    >
    > douggeri @ hot mail . com

    Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319825

    Read all of it, there is a WORKAROUND.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Explorer\DocFolderPaths
    Value Name: Your Name
    Value Type: REG_SZ
    Value Data: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\My Documents

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:x2Nod.6293$Gw.5697@trndny09,
    Doug <douggeri@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I don't know what I did, but you know when you open up "My Computer"
    > There are 3 or more "Categories" of items to view. One is FILES
    > STORED ON THIS COMPUTER, another is usually HARD DISKDRVES, and
    > another is DEVICES WITH REMOVABLE STORAGE, then OTHER.
    >
    > Well... The hard drive is recognized and I can access ALL files and
    > folders from there, the CDRW/DVD is still there, no probs. But
    > somehow, in the FILES STORED ON THIS COMPUTER, where I once showed
    > two folders, one being "Shared Documents" and the other WAS the My
    > documents folder for my username. It is now gone???! Is there a way
    > to get specific folders listed there? r just that one back. it was
    > convenient to have the My Docs folder right there. AND it would be
    > even more convenient to be able to customize that view.
    >
    > As a quick background, this is a BRAND NEW latop today. I was messing
    > around with sharing, and suddenly it disappeared.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug
    >
    > douggeri @ hot mail . com

Configuration Computers Windows XP