Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CMOS checksum bad time/date set error

Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2010 2:35:47 PM

I just changed my GPU, PSU and from a PS/2(don't laugh pls) keyboard to a USB keyboard. But after i set my user password from the bios and save settings etc, the next time i boot up i get this checksum bad error. What happened?
a c 295 V Motherboard
November 5, 2010 3:26:10 PM

Hi.

The battery of ur mobo has low power, so, u need a new one.
Score
November 5, 2010 3:31:10 PM

It has nothing to do with hardware change?e.g PSU?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
November 5, 2010 5:33:02 PM

Saint is correct, this is normally caused by (1) low battery (2) corrupted bios (ie a bad flash). The "watch" batteries use in computers normally only last 3 to 5 years, but you never know as the battery could have been sitting on a self for an extended period of time. It was probably low, and when you wrote to the Bios (higher drain than just sitting there) you used the last of the juice. If replacing the battery does not fix the problem (will probably need to reset some bios values) then the problem is that the bios itself is infact corrupted.

And no the hardware changes should not have caused this, But you may need to verify some bios seting such as using the usb port for keyboard.
November 6, 2010 12:02:14 AM

How do i verify it?

Edit: In USB configuration in BIOS, 1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse is detected, so now It's verified?
Score
a b V Motherboard
November 6, 2010 2:23:36 AM

Thats correct, Usb Keyboard/mouse is enabled.
Score
November 6, 2010 2:22:34 PM

i don't know whether this is a fix or not but when i change my user password from all letters to all numbers the error seems to be gone, I haven't changed the battery yet.
Score
November 13, 2010 12:44:05 PM

Best answer selected by areszues92.
Score
a c 135 V Motherboard
November 14, 2010 12:37:48 PM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!