thkunkel

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Hello all.
I recently built a custom computer with motherboard GIGABYTE|GA-MA785GM-US2H. I am using a hec HP485D 485W ATX12V power supply.
Everything on the board powers on correctly, but nothing on the back panel outputs anything. Monitor, USB, nothing works.
Is this a power issue? CMOS jumper? Could the panel be turned off in the BIOS by default?
Any help appreciated, thanks.

@jsc: I think the OP means that nothing works when connected through the back panel, but I coudl be wrong.

You might want to include the rest of your components.

Now, I'm making some assumptions here. First, you have a video card, and the monitor shows something when using the video card output. Second, the case's USB ports are working. Third (following the first one), you can actually enter BIOS (i.e. everything posts).

Assuming all of that is true, after going through the standard troubleshooting thread and finding nothing has changed, try the following. Test every part in antoher build, if possible. If everything else works, I would say that something is wrong with the board. Likely either the integrated graphics don't work or the back panel's ports are defective. If this is the case, you're probably going to need to RMA the board back to the manufacturer.

thkunkel

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks for the thread. I meant that the board powers on fans, lights, etc., but nothing on the back panel seems to send signals. Keyboard, mouse, and monitor were tested and none receive anything.

@MadAdmiral - I will go through those steps. I have yet to test a video card, that was my first thought. I will update as to if I get into the BIOS. Thanks.