This is my graphics card.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica [...] No=2577833
My cpu is a 3570k
Corsair GS700 PSU
8 Gigs ram
Enermax ETS T40 air cooler
Thermaltake overseer case
Gigabyte Z77 mobo

I can't get a stable overclock over 1075mhz on the cpu boost clock. (stock is 980) The highest memory boost I can get is to 1542mhz (base is 1502). I'm using precision x, I raised the power target to max and I have the fan on full blast. I'm only getting 1 FPS increase over stock when running Heaven 3.0 on max settings. What am I doing wrong? I've tried leaving it at base (988) and also maxed it to 1175. Same results...

I decided to try another benchmark to see if there was still no increase, so since I have Arkham City, I did the benchmark on there. Since it's not quite as stressful I was able to clock it a bit higher than on Heaven, but still only saw a 2FPS increase over stock (60 stock, 62 overclocked). There has to be something holding me back, but with my CPU overclocked to 4.5, I don't know what else it could be...?

wuphilly

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
To lxgoldsmith. Yes that's my card. My cooler actually does very well. At 4.5 I didn't get any cores higher than 75C, and most of the time they ran in the mid 60s. However, I did bring it down to 4.2 since I wasn't seeing any improvement.

To unksol, I got a 20% increase in cpu boost clock, but my issue is that I'm not seeing anywhere close to that percentage increase in benchmarks. There has to be a reason for that right? A 1 FPS increase in Heaven isn't near the increase it should be with a 20% increase in boost clock correct?

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
well, we haven't made many huge leaps in desktop performance lately besides solid state, which is made for laptops, and graphics cards, which have been slowly progressing in comparison to earlier advancements. your fps sounds reasonable, and you are not seeing much of an increase in performance because games only use a certain amount of processing power and a certain amount of graphics performance. you are hitting the bar with your gpu, and the game will not use the processor for upper level graphics processing.