Nvidia recall list

G

Hello,
I have a dv9000 and I got a email from HP saying that they were going to court dec. 20, 2010 and then if they lose they will send me a box to ship my laptop to be fixed or replaced have you heard anything on this

Part of the class action lawsuit filed due to defects that HP was aware of but refused to fix - since it was normally just about the time the warranty expired on the system that the defect caused permanent damage to the laptop. (those that had problems earlier were fixed under warranty but with the same defect in them so they would break again eventually but after the warranty had expired and HP would refuse to fix under warranty and wanted to charge about $600 to repair again !)

Aaah, Clearer now ty JD,
sounds like it was just a courtesy E-mail to a registered owner then,
I'd be worried if I got an E-mail like that out of the blue lol
'put laptop/pc in this box'
'send to postbox no' xxx'
'wait three weeks or until you cotton on'
Thank you :p

I'd wait and see what the 20th of Dec brings then Mr Foster,
Moto

jamestbender

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
It's true.

If you have one of the HP/Dell/other laptops or hardware that have failed due to a problem with a specific N-vidia chipset, you WILL get a fed ex label to ship your product free of charge for repair or replacement depending on laptop/chipset. Look at the above post to go to the official site to see what laptops or other N-vidia products are being repaired or replaced. You don't have to have proof of where you bought it either. I repair computers for a living and have sent back 17 so far. Some items will get replacement products such as some of the DV9000 or DV6000 series laptops. They are replacing them with newer HP crap-tops (G60 I believe) Other items will go back to the factory for a complete refurb.

You MUST go to the N-vidia website to register and type in model #'s and serial #'s to see what you are entitled to.

Some of us got e-mails concerning the lawsuits (plural) because we registered at HP or N-vidia. They are REQUIRED by the courts to notify everyone that may have a claim against them.

If you have any doubts, just google more info about N-vidia/class action etc.