I NEED HELP FINDING DRIVERS FOR MY CDDVD DRIVE

troy 6570

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
(TSST TS-H653Z) Optical Drive Firmware Update FOR WINDOWS XP..
I HAVE THIS CDDVD DRIVE THAT WONT READ ANYTHING BECAUSE IT WAS INSTALLED IN A HP COMPUTER, NEW AND ITS FOR "VISTA ONLY", IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE IT WORK ON MY WINDOWS XP. THIS IS MY NEWER HOME BUILT COMPUTER AND THE ONLY THING I DIDNT CHANGE IS THIS CDDVD DRIVE. IVE RUN OUT OF MONEY TO BUILD ANYMORE ON THIS COMPUTER. DO I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER CDDVD DRIVE THAT IS COMPATIBLE TO MY WINDOWS XP? OR IS THERE SOME KIND OF UPDATE DRIVERS TO MAKE THIS WORK WITH MY WIN XP?

troy 6570

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

IT IS RECOGNIZED IN BIOS BUT THERE ISNT AN UPDATE FOR IT OTHER THAN FOR VISTA. I WENT TO THE COMPANY LOOKING FOR UPDATES AND THE CDDVD DRIVE WAS MADE FOR VISTA.

I've had several problems in the past with the Toshiba Samsung drives and if another one comes in, I'm throwing it away and replacing it without wasting more time on it. However, you can't or don't want to replace yours so try to go a little deeper into the precise type and see if there's a driver for it.

You need to go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and right click the device, go to Properties and then click the Details tab. Scroll to HardwareIDs and take a note of the four characters which follow VEN for Vendor and also the four following DEV for Device.

Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those characters in the two relevant boxes and follow the trail to the right driver. When you find the list of the Vendor's drivers, they aren't in order so use your browser's Find facility to track the Device details. With luck you'll have an executable file but some will be a zipped folder.

troy 6570

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

device manager will not read any properties or details, there is no details tab available for my cddvd drive. the only thing it shows is
TSST corp CDDVDW TS-H653Z
IT SHOWS IT EXISTS BUT NOT ANY DETAILS !

troy 6570

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
:hello: charles here U always go the site of the hardware/support go the model manfacture & get all the drivers u need other way go to ur the dvd in the device manager sacn for hardware chanages go to it then to drivers click on update be online cause it will look on com., then go to web when it find click DL cleck save the run u save for later if u need to fix it again they will install that workds on all devices on the sysyem install at build or after.............read this acticle if u fine it helpfull pass it on...http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/virus-whatis.aspx
TOSHIBA SAMSUNG says this cddvd drive was made for vista only!! not windows xp!! i have win xp and i dont know what to do now!

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
harry here this works on the devices on ur system go to the card to drivers the click update be online when u do this it will look on the computer first then go on the web for them when it starts the download click save then run, so will have them for later, it's always good to back-up all ur drivers & .dills on cd/rw 1 for each so next time on need 1 u pop in the cd & pow u got it. :)