Sign in with
Your question

Defrag prog missing

Last response: in Windows XP
November 15, 2012 3:52:42 AM

Disk Defragmenter is listed in the 'Accessories' but when it is clicked an erroe message 'MMC can't open the file C:WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc. file' . Please assisit me

More about : defrag prog missing

November 15, 2012 5:36:09 AM

Go to control panel --> administrative tools ---> Computer Management ---> (right side) open Services and Applications Then Open Services.

From there scroll down to defrag, open it and in the first view you should see a drop down box that most likely says automactic or disabled. Just choose manual. And if you want the system to do it automactically go to accessories, system tools, then task scheduler or scheduled task and from there you can choose defrag and the time you may set.
November 17, 2012 11:58:24 PM

anjum398 said:
Disk Defragmenter is listed in the 'Accessories' but when it is clicked an erroe message 'MMC can't open the file C:WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc. file' . Please assisit me
not in there go to my computer right click on drive go to properties go to tools 2 down defrag there error check also ;) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 25, 2012 2:05:04 AM

After Going to control panel --> administrative tools ---> Computer Management ---> (right side) open Services and Applications Then Open Services, dfrag file is not listed ????????
December 5, 2012 3:00:15 AM

After going to control panel --> administrative tools ---> Computer Management ---> (right side) open Services and Applications Then Open Services, defrag file is not shown in the list?

December 15, 2012 3:41:44 PM

anjum398 said:

Have you looked in services or familiar?
December 15, 2012 3:43:15 PM

I wrote an answer that I already did. It seems maybe your having the strange issue I am with a system utility. It is just missing. Funny how Microsoft give lil help.
!