Help Deadly Shadows: Can't break into Cathedral

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm still fairly early into the Deadly Shadows story but I've hit a snag.
I can't seem to break into the Cathedral! I've even tried killing everyone
in sight looking for keys and such.

The walkthrus seem to be x-box oriented (I've got a PC game). They
talk about climbing up some pipe to a balcony. I see some pipes,
which I can't climb. I can get to a balcony across from the church
(jewelers house?) and scooch agross the building facade but that
doesn't put me anywhere close to the church's upper balcony visible
directly above the front door. I'm kinda at a loss here.

Can somone who's completed this level on a PC please clue me in?
Thanks
Greg

Greg wrote:

> I'm still fairly early into the Deadly Shadows story but I've hit a snag.
> I can't seem to break into the Cathedral! I've even tried killing everyone
> in sight looking for keys and such.
>
> The walkthrus seem to be x-box oriented (I've got a PC game). They
> talk about climbing up some pipe to a balcony. I see some pipes,
> which I can't climb. I can get to a balcony across from the church
> (jewelers house?) and scooch agross the building facade but that
> doesn't put me anywhere close to the church's upper balcony visible
> directly above the front door. I'm kinda at a loss here.
>
> Can somone who's completed this level on a PC please clue me in?
> Thanks
> Greg

If you mean St. Edward's Church, I just walked up to the door, listened to
the briefing, and then hit the Start tab on the intro screen and I was right
in. Did you get the objective first to go in?
I tried climbing also, but could not find a way in.
Albert

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Greg" <x8iuditbccupm001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I'm still fairly early into the Deadly Shadows story but I've hit a snag.
> I can't seem to break into the Cathedral! I've even tried killing
everyone
> in sight looking for keys and such.
>
> The walkthrus seem to be x-box oriented (I've got a PC game). They
> talk about climbing up some pipe to a balcony. I see some pipes,
> which I can't climb. I can get to a balcony across from the church
> (jewelers house?) and scooch agross the building facade but that
> doesn't put me anywhere close to the church's upper balcony visible
> directly above the front door. I'm kinda at a loss here.

The guards patrolling outside the locked Cathedral carry the key needed to
get in. Bonk them and the key drops to the ground.

x8iuditbccupm001@sneakemail.com (Greg) writes:

> I can get to a balcony across from the church
> (jewelers house?) and scooch agross the building facade but that
> doesn't put me anywhere close to the church's upper balcony visible
> directly above the front door.

The jeweler's house is not anywhere nearby. I was unaware that you
could climb up on the wall opposite the church, so perhaps you're
still in Stonemarket and haven't entered the mission yet?

There are two entrances. The first the front door. Just pick the
lock and walk in (after knocking out the guards). I don't recall any
openable doors in the game so far that can't be picked. The balcony
above that is not reachable from the outside as far as I know.
However there is a balcony to the left that is much lower down, just
jump on a barrel to climb up to it (this is the easier entrance if you
don't want to knock out the guards). You don't need to climb up on
the pipes to do this, but you do need to be able to handle mantling.

The Xbox and PC versions of the game are identical, so any walkthrough
for one will work for the other.

--
Darin Johnson
My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance -- Babylon 5

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> I'm still fairly early into the Deadly Shadows story but I've hit a snag.
> I can't seem to break into the Cathedral! I've even tried killing
everyone
> in sight looking for keys and such.
>
> The walkthrus seem to be x-box oriented (I've got a PC game). They
> talk about climbing up some pipe to a balcony. I see some pipes,
> which I can't climb. I can get to a balcony across from the church
> (jewelers house?) and scooch agross the building facade but that
> doesn't put me anywhere close to the church's upper balcony visible
> directly above the front door. I'm kinda at a loss here.
>
> Can somone who's completed this level on a PC please clue me in?

I don't think you're at the point that you can get in yet. You must first
obtain the mission by talking to someone in town. Then a symbol will appear
on the door that will let you enter.

Good Luck.
Loony