Solved

Asus Eee PC 1015PN ram upgrade

How do I upgrade the ram on an Asus Eee PC 1015PN from 1gig to 2gig? I know that the slot to expose the ram is on the bottom but not how to open it. It refuses to come undone from the rest of the netbook.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus 1015pn upgrade
  1. Best answer
    In most laptop/netbook/notebook/etc, after removing the screwed-on panel, you'll usually see a small lever. This lever acts very similar to a desktop cpu lever; it's used to lock or unlock the chip. Pull the lever up, and the SO-DIMM sockets should either come up with the lever, or be free to move up with a little tug.

If your netbook doesn't have the aforementioned lever, then usually pulling the sockets up should do.

NOTE: SO-DIMM memory needs to be removed and installed at 45 degree angle, so don't try to get the sockets to a 90 degree angle, or you'll damage the sockets.
  2. Before I can worry about that I have to get the piece of plastic off that covers the ram. This specific netbook (1015PN) seems to require some specific know how to get the cover off though.
  3. I figured it out the bottom was just secured very snuggly via 4 or 5 snaps. Once I got those undone it was a piece of cake.
  4. Best answer selected by cascan07454.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus RAM Eee Pc Motherboards