Asus Eee PC 1015PN ram upgrade

cascan07454

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
How do I upgrade the ram on an Asus Eee PC 1015PN from 1gig to 2gig? I know that the slot to expose the ram is on the bottom but not how to open it. It refuses to come undone from the rest of the netbook.

Solution
In most laptop/netbook/notebook/etc, after removing the screwed-on panel, you'll usually see a small lever. This lever acts very similar to a desktop cpu lever; it's used to lock or unlock the chip. Pull the lever up, and the SO-DIMM sockets should either come up with the lever, or be free to move up with a little tug.

If your netbook doesn't have the aforementioned lever, then usually pulling the sockets up should do.

NOTE: SO-DIMM memory needs to be removed and installed at 45 degree angle, so don't try to get the sockets to a 90 degree angle, or you'll damage the sockets.
In most laptop/netbook/notebook/etc, after removing the screwed-on panel, you'll usually see a small lever. This lever acts very similar to a desktop cpu lever; it's used to lock or unlock the chip. Pull the lever up, and the SO-DIMM sockets should either come up with the lever, or be free to move up with a little tug.

If your netbook doesn't have the aforementioned lever, then usually pulling the sockets up should do.

NOTE: SO-DIMM memory needs to be removed and installed at 45 degree angle, so don't try to get the sockets to a 90 degree angle, or you'll damage the sockets.

Solution

cascan07454

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Before I can worry about that I have to get the piece of plastic off that covers the ram. This specific netbook (1015PN) seems to require some specific know how to get the cover off though.